Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This shouldn't happen!!! My husband isn't the hulk!!!

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:32 AM
  • 23 Replies

Mobile Photo

My dhs wedding ring just "broke" I guess that's the best word for it......

White gold band...... Not super pricey, but nice... He had it sized up awhile back and it looks the the whatever the used to expand the ring just vanished suddenly.... I just don't even understand.... We had it resized by a professional..... Shouldn't that resizing be as permanent as the ring itself???????

Has anyone ever had this happen???? He can't wear it, the edges wear its open are sharp, it took forever to get it off without cutting his finger up!!
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Mobile Photo

Apgsteenmommy
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:33 AM

bump

RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Mobile Photo

csxt99
by Jennifer on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:36 AM

I do this with my jewelry.  For some reason, my body eats (for lack of a better word) through gold and silver.  Just take it back to where he got it resized and see if they will guarantee their work.

Sj218
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:36 AM
I've worked in the fine jewlery industry for about 10 years...it was a bad sizing job. Did you have the ring sized at the same place you bought it originally? If so, it should be covered. If not, you may have to fight. To be honest, they did crappy work, but they didn't do any permanent damage. It's totally fixable.
jadedcynic
by Nerdalicious on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:38 AM

When they resize a ring, basically they cut it and add another piece to it to make it bigger, or cut a piece out to make it smaller. If the weld isn't strong, it can break. A resized ring is a compromised ring. It will never be as strong as it was before it is resized.

RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:40 AM
No, we ordered it online through zales, we had it resized by the guy who cut and resized my rings when I was pregnant and had to have them cut off..... But he worked at the big name jewelry place we got u engagement ring, by the time he resized dhs ring he had opened up his own little jewelry repair business, replaced a list stone for me and resized my rings again along with dhs....

We were loyal customers because he did such good work the first time..... Maybe he had an employee do dhs???

Quoting Sj218:

I've worked in the fine jewlery industry for about 10 years...it was a bad sizing job. Did you have the ring sized at the same place you bought it originally? If so, it should be covered. If not, you may have to fight. To be honest, they did crappy work, but they didn't do any permanent damage. It's totally fixable.
Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:43 AM

I would have Zales (I think thats what you said) redo it. I am pretty sure they gaurantee their work. I had both my rings done from Kay Jewelers and never had this problem.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Are those your fingers or his?

RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Mine.... I was gonna make a snarky response about how the ring is huge compared to the thumb it's hanging from so it's obviously not dhs fingers, but I think you probably noticed that and were insulting my man hands or lack of nails??? Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Are those your fingers or his?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN