Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Compassion or no? When does is stop?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

Well BM just had her 3rd taken away from her by CPS. I'm raising #1 who is my DH's and assisting with #2 when s mom has to work. But now #3 has been taken by CPS and although these aren't DH's kids they are SD's brothers..BM says she has to terminate rights in order for her mom to adopt them and I just don't know what to think of this whole mess. Part of me is angry that BM puts people in this mess. 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChewyBrownies
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:01 AM

She's trash and should not be allowed to have children until she is more stable. I have no sympathy for her. Only sympathy for her children.

vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Wow, what a mess. I'm sorry mama, good luck! 

TaughtTot
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Sadly a lot of parents never learn.  I'd be making sure your husbands kids, who he shares with her, have limited time with her and its supervised.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:07 AM

Well she already terminated rights of my DH's daughter, but now she's calling here trying to tell me she HAS to terminate rights of her other two so they don't go into foster care -____-  

It's like we're supposed to commend her for being a bigger peson? I think she's just hoping I'll step up and let her keep rights w/o paying child support. I don't know. I just don't know what her motives are. I feel angry.

Quoting TaughtTot:

Sadly a lot of parents never learn.  I'd be making sure your husbands kids, who he shares with her, have limited time with her and its supervised.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:09 AM

I want to believe she wants the best for them, but I just can't put myslef in her shoes.

Quoting ChewyBrownies:

She's trash and should not be allowed to have children until she is more stable. I have no sympathy for her. Only sympathy for her children.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:10 AM
If she' terminated her rights to SD doesn't that exempt her from paying child support?

Quoting Anonymous:

Well she already terminated rights of my DH's daughter, but now she's calling here trying to tell me she HAS to terminate rights of her other two so they don't go into foster care -____-  

It's like we're supposed to commend her for being a bigger peson? I think she's just hoping I'll step up and let her keep rights w/o paying child support. I don't know. I just don't know what her motives are. I feel angry.

Quoting TaughtTot:

ChewyBrownies
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:10 AM
Sometimes people give their kids up for selfish reasons. Other times they do it for the best interest of their kids. I couldn't give my child up though.

Quoting Anonymous:

I want to believe she wants the best for them, but I just can't put myslef in her shoes.

Quoting ChewyBrownies:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Yes. Do you think that's her motive for the other two? Btw, these other two kids haven't been in her full care for years either. I've wondered if it's really her just pawning them off with out having to pay. But then again she bever works so I don't know what to think,

She is personable and I hear her out and it kinda makes sense..I get that she has gotten a shitty deal but who hasn't? I'm starting to think she's manipulative. And I'm a sucker.

Quoting Anonymous:

If she' terminated her rights to SD doesn't that exempt her from paying child support?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting TaughtTot:

kailu1835
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:20 AM
Yeah, I have no sympathy for women who habitually lose custody of each subsequent child.
TaughtTot
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:21 AM

I know in a third party way what you are dealing with.  I work in a group home, the parent is always the "victim"

I feel you, it gets very annoying.

If I were you, or your husband I'd be a bitch and be like "since you no longer have children, you should maybe get some help and stop calling me, making your problems my problems.  I'd like to enjoy my family instead.  Thanks have a great night.  bye"

Just don't listen anymore

toxic people like to spread their toxin

ETA: WHat you can do for your step daughter is go to the court and set up visitations on her behalf.  Most people don't know that's possible, but it's in most state laws no matter who has custody of a child, in situations like these, the sibling will be granted visitation.  Probably supervised until soemthing else can be arranged.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting TaughtTot:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)