Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

garcinia cambogia

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:00 AM
  • 14 Replies
Have any of you ladies used garcinia cambogia? Does it work well? And are there negative side effects? I've been looking everywhere for reputable information but it seems it's hard to find trustworthy info!
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Never heard of it. Here is a bump for you tho. 

crazymom21
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:03 AM
Never tried it. What's it suposed to do?
AprilDJC
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:03 AM
Thank you. It's a natural plant extract I saw on Dr oz. It's supposed to curb appetite and help with depression.

Quoting P.V.Hawkwind:

P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Sounds interesting. 

Quoting AprilDJC:

Thank you. It's a natural plant extract I saw on Dr oz. It's supposed to curb appetite and help with depression.

Quoting P.V.Hawkwind:

stickyfingers
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:06 AM
Why do you need a suppliment? Quit eating sugar and carbs.
AprilDJC
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:08 AM
It's supposed to help increase the "feel good" chemicals in your brain, which can help reduce stress eating. I've heard only good things and its a natural plant extract, so what's the harm? I'm just trying to get info.

Quoting stickyfingers:

sunangel803
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:09 AM
I tried it twice and had to stop taking it. My heart felt like it was beating out my chest and it made me feel tired. It did suppress my appetite though. I got mine at GNC.
AprilDJC
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:13 AM
I wonder what causes that? I can't take some supplements because it affects my heart rate. I'm thinking of talking to my Dr before I do garcinia cambogia just to get the go-ahead since I have a heart arrhythmia.

Quoting sunangel803:

I tried it twice and had to stop taking it. My heart felt like it was beating out my chest and it made me feel tired. It did suppress my appetite though. I got mine at GNC.
stickyfingers
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:17 AM
I have been researching and the feel good feeling you get is from wheat. It is addictive. Stop eating it and you won't need those pills hun

Quoting AprilDJC:

It's supposed to help increase the "feel good" chemicals in your brain, which can help reduce stress eating. I've heard only good things and its a natural plant extract, so what's the harm? I'm just trying to get info.

Quoting stickyfingers:

sunangel803
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:19 AM
If you have an arrhythmia, I would definitely ask first. I thought the heart racing might be due to the fact that garcinia is supposed to increase your metabolism.
Quoting AprilDJC:

I wonder what causes that? I can't take some supplements because it affects my heart rate. I'm thinking of talking to my Dr before I do garcinia cambogia just to get the go-ahead since I have a heart arrhythmia.

Quoting sunangel803:I tried it twice and had to stop taking it. My heart felt like it was beating out my chest and it made me feel tired. It did suppress my appetite though. I got mine at GNC.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN