Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weird Pregnancy Test Results

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

Mobile Photo

I ovulated the last week of August. So I took first a dollar store pregnancy test Sunday morning. It said negative. I took then the clear blue one with the "weeks" indicator and it said pregnant. I'll post pics.
This is the dollar store test. Nothing there right? Yes, I did it in the morning. Anyone else had this happen? Were you pregnant or not?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Mobile Photo

This is the clear blue test. Hmmm, so weird. I do think I'm pregnant so I will take another and call the doctor. I'm just annoyed and curious about the differing results.
WheelerWife
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:05 AM

I understand your frustration.

Pregnancy tests can be faulty. I read somewhere that you are more likely to get a false negative, than you are to get a false positive. 

Best bet would be to test again (like you said) and go from there. :) 

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:06 AM
2 moms liked this
False positives are less common, than false negatives. So I think its safe to say you're pregnant.
JamieBue38
by Jamie on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:06 AM
Its a dollar store one, it might not be accurate
Allinorder
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I would trust the clear blue easy.

mattiehatter
by Mary on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:08 AM
They're not quite as sensitive as you would think. I have one test sucking the dye for the control line, but the dollar store test isn't even the same color as the control.
Journeysmama11
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:09 AM

You probably are. These digital test are less likely to be wrong (in my experience) than the ones with just the lines. And the dollar store one that I had said you had to test the DAY you miss your period but was better if it was a few days after...the clear blue digital I got a positive JUST past 3 weeks! Congrats! :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Mobile Photo

This is the clear blue test. Hmmm, so weird. I do think I'm pregnant so I will take another and call the doctor. I'm just annoyed and curious about the differing results.

crumpy_gat
by No. on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I got a yes on a digi and a very faint line on a dollar store test. Digis are more sensitive.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:10 AM
I have only used first response. The only positive I ever got was when I was pregnant.
rkkeller13
by Kristy on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:10 AM
This is my advice as well. False pos are very very rare especially with a digital that is a bit more sensitive then a regular pee test. I also recommend taking another in a couple of days and calling ur dr for an accumulative blood count (at least I think that's what its called? Eh I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first, lol) but I'm sending lots of baby dust for you

★☆★☆★☆★baby dust★☆★☆★☆★

Quoting WheelerWife:

I understand your frustration.

Pregnancy tests can be faulty. I read somewhere that you are more likely to get a false negative, than you are to get a false positive. 

Best bet would be to test again (like you said) and go from there. :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured