Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

migraines and pregnancy

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:04 AM
  • 21 Replies
I am suffering from the worst migraine right now. I'm 8 weeks pregnant and the most I cam take is Tylenol...and that crap is doing nothing! I am also dealing with all day sickness and today the doc gave me a script for zofran. I wish he would have told me that you shouldn't take it if you have a headache already.. 30 mins after I took it my minor headache turned into a full blown migraine..light, sound..changing levels like sitting up or standing up makes my head feel like its going to pop right off!! I tried tiger balm and a damp cloth and nothing is working! Anyone have any tips or tricks? I'm desperate.
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Okie-chick
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:07 AM
I take warm baths. I even put a heating pad on low setting on my head. Trust me I try everything too and I get migraines while not pregnant as well
EmmaGill1006
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:08 AM
Bump
secondboy2012
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:08 AM
Find a chiropractor they can really help the headaches.
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:10 AM
You can take more than Tylenol. You can take Tylenol 3 and you can also take hydro codones. I suffer from migraines too and Tylenol has never done anything for me. My OB prescribed my hydros and had no issues with it. He said I could have taken Vicodin if I wanted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liltampa71
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Try a little caffeine with the Tylenol.  I know they say it is taboo when pregnant, but a glass of soda will not hurt.

liltampa71
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:11 AM

at 8 weeks?  I did after 1st trimester.

Quoting Devious333:

You can take more than Tylenol. You can take Tylenol 3 and you can also take hydro codones. I suffer from migraines too and Tylenol has never done anything for me. My OB prescribed my hydros and had no issues with it. He said I could have taken Vicodin if I wanted.

Devious333
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:13 AM
Tylenol 3 should be fine, I'm not sure when I was given the pain killers but I just remember my OB saying it was fine.

Quoting liltampa71:

at 8 weeks?  I did after 1st trimester.

Quoting Devious333:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmmaGill1006
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:14 AM
I'm trying to stay away from caffeine BC it is a migraine trigger for me :( my migraines were bad as a teenager and in my early 20's..I'm almost 29 and haven't had a problem with them until I became pregnant.

Quoting liltampa71:

Try a little caffeine with the Tylenol.  I know they say it is taboo when pregnant, but a glass of soda will not hurt.

liltampa71
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:15 AM

That makes sense!  Have you had  your BP checked to be safe?  I hope you feel better!  I had horrible morning noon and night sickness and it is no fun!

Quoting EmmaGill1006:

I'm trying to stay away from caffeine BC it is a migraine trigger for me :( my migraines were bad as a teenager and in my early 20's..I'm almost 29 and haven't had a problem with them until I became pregnant.

Quoting liltampa71:

lUcKyLoVe22
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:16 AM
I'm 14 weeks and the headaches have been relentless this time
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN