Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pregnancy competition

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies

Do you know anyone who wasn't planning on having anymore kids but immediately got pregnant after they found out you were? This seems to be happening a lot in my small circle. My XSIL got pregnant earlier this year and once my brother found out, him and his current wife suddenly decided they were going to try for one. My brother went and got his vasectomy reversed and everything.

I had a baby a year ago and my sd's bm met a man in November of last year, married him in March of this year...and is now due to have a baby in December of this year.

Don't get me wrong, everybody's free to have kids whenever they want...but has this happened to anyone else? Btw, bm turns everything into a competition but I'm happy for her because she's having a boy which is what she wanted when pregnant with sd.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovingmommy4316
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:59 AM
My SIL would say she was pregnant everyone I. got pregnant or when her sister got pregnant. but she never was pregnant,it was all LIES! does that count !
lUcKyLoVe22
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:12 AM
My SIL found out she was pregnant right after I did. Our due dates are a week apart.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:13 AM

Yea, thats worst actually

Quoting lovingmommy4316:

My SIL would say she was pregnant everyone I. got pregnant or when her sister got pregnant. but she never was pregnant,it was all LIES! does that count !

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:14 AM

That's actually kinda kool....so this wasn't done purposely just happened that way, huh?

Quoting lUcKyLoVe22:

My SIL found out she was pregnant right after I did. Our due dates are a week apart.

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:18 AM
When I got pregnant with my first my sil said finally the pressure is of me. She ran and got IVF months later. I'm pregnant with my second I have a feeling she's gonna do it again. if I had 6 kids she'd have 7! Unfortunately for her she's 38 she's bound to run out of viable eggs.before I do.
happymomma13
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:18 AM
My sister in law is too "scared" to have kids.
And I don't know many people who are at the age to have babies. I'm young.

But I am sensing some planning on your brother's part. And your sd's bm. For sure.... lol.
lUcKyLoVe22
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:19 AM
Yes, they've been ttc for over a year. I just happened to conceive around the date we wanted to conceive. It's gonna be a competition because that's how my SIL is. She thinks she's better than me in every aspect of life. I don't really care. I was gonna throw a double baby shower but I don't want her thinking I'm "stealing the attention."

Quoting Anonymous:

That's actually kinda kool....so this wasn't done purposely just happened that way, huh?

Quoting lUcKyLoVe22:

happymomma13
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:20 AM
Does she have issues badly with fertility?

It might be annoying, but maybe that's the only time she has to be relaxed and not feel pressured. :/

My SIL goes through that.

Quoting Supervane:

When I got pregnant with my first my sil, said finally the pressure is of me. She ran and got IVF months later. I'm pregnant with my second I have a feeling she's gonna do it again. if I had 6 kids she'd have 7! Unfortunately for her she's 38 she's bound to run out of viable eggs.before I do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:20 AM

haha that's cold!!

Quoting Supervane:

When I got pregnant with my first my sil, said finally the pressure is of me. She ran and got IVF months later. I'm pregnant with my second I have a feeling she's gonna do it again. if I had 6 kids she'd have 7! Unfortunately for her she's 38 she's bound to run out of viable eggs.before I do.

lovingmommy4316
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:22 AM
Oh it gets worse... she swore up and down she had a little girl. no one ever saw her. she said cos took her for whatever reason... she got visitations in Saturdays ,blah blah. well every Saturday she was at my house watching football ! So this went on for over a year. ( I never believed a word of it,nor did dh) well about a year ago it came out she was lying tho WHOLE TIME ! Yeah... no baby,no nothing ! She only admitted it b/c her bf was breaking up with her b/c she lied to him about being pregnant and got called out on it !

Quoting Anonymous:

Yea, thats worst actually

Quoting lovingmommy4316:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN