Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pregnancy competition

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Do you know anyone who wasn't planning on having anymore kids but immediately got pregnant after they found out you were? This seems to be happening a lot in my small circle. My XSIL got pregnant earlier this year and once my brother found out, him and his current wife suddenly decided they were going to try for one. My brother went and got his vasectomy reversed and everything.

I had a baby a year ago and my sd's bm met a man in November of last year, married him in March of this year...and is now due to have a baby in December of this year.

Don't get me wrong, everybody's free to have kids whenever they want...but has this happened to anyone else? Btw, bm turns everything into a competition but I'm happy for her because she's having a boy which is what she wanted when pregnant with sd.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:56 AM
Replies (31-35):
amessageofhope
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:42 AM

To each his own. I have heard of it but the thing is, that is something we cannot control. My daughter has been trying since last year and it just hasn't happened yet. I am sure when the time is right, it will happen. 

Sammybby09
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:48 AM

Exactly! and when I post pics of my baby girl in a minnie mouse outfit or something with minnie mouse (that's our theme) She'll comment and say "I know who you'll send that to after she grows out of it" Like seriously?!

Quoting Anonymous:

People who "one up"......that is sooo annoying. But like they say, immitation is the highest form of flattery. When people copy what you do that means you must be doing something right. That's how I look at it. Good for you for being happy in life.

Quoting Sammybby09:

right after i got married this chick that used to be "my aunt" (we're around the same age, her mom dated my grampa for a while) decided she'd get married. my cousin is best friends with her and told me she was getting married because she was jealous that my cousin went dress shopping with me. and then right after i got pregnant with my second, she got pregnant, too. Idk if she was trying to one up me or what. but it was annoying. and then to top it off she decided she was going to have the same baby theme as me, too after i announced it

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:53 AM
Lol no just old right... She's a very absent parent. She's nice and perfect to everyone except her child. I'll never understand why she even went thru the effort of having a child if she wasn't willing to sacrifice anything for said child.

Quoting happymomma13:

That completely changes my mind.

You didn't make her sound evil in your first comment. Now I see she is.

lol.

I can't believe anyone does that.

I'll admit, I like my date nights. But other than that, I'm always there.

Quoting Supervane:

Supposedly but the issue is the DH not her. He doesn't make sperm. If you'd see how much of an absent parent she is to her poor daughter, you'd wish IVF required investigations like in adoption. It's a damn shame she pawns that little girl on anyone to get a "break"

Quoting happymomma13:

Does she have issues badly with fertility?

It might be annoying, but maybe that's the only time she has to be relaxed and not feel pressured. :/

My SIL goes through that.

Quoting Supervane:

When I got pregnant with my first my sil, said finally the pressure is of me. She ran and got IVF months later. I'm pregnant with my second I have a feeling she's gonna do it again. if I had 6 kids she'd have 7! Unfortunately for her she's 38 she's bound to run out of viable eggs.before I do.

ArmyWife61411
by Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:53 AM

SIL does this. If she isn't the center of attention, she isn't happy. DH and I started trying Nov 2011 fter he returned from deployment. SIL and her DH were not planning any more kids. She said she just wanted 1. When she found out we were trying....well you can guess. I fell Aug last year and ended in miscarriage. She kept insisting I was making a big deal of my MC and that it would be okay, I could try again, I am young...blah blah blah....She ended up preg during my MC. hers ended in MC as well and expected me to have sympathy. 2 MC later she is now preg with a sticky bean. Guess who the first person she told was? Yup! Me! As if I really care. I can't help but feel she is rubbing it in...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 17, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Sorry to hear you had a mc...I know that is very difficult to deal with.

Quoting ArmyWife61411:

SIL does this. If she isn't the center of attention, she isn't happy. DH and I started trying Nov 2011 fter he returned from deployment. SIL and her DH were not planning any more kids. She said she just wanted 1. When she found out we were trying....well you can guess. I fell Aug last year and ended in miscarriage. She kept insisting I was making a big deal of my MC and that it would be okay, I could try again, I am young...blah blah blah....She ended up preg during my MC. hers ended in MC as well and expected me to have sympathy. 2 MC later she is now preg with a sticky bean. Guess who the first person she told was? Yup! Me! As if I really care. I can't help but feel she is rubbing it in...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN