Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Medical question about 5yo

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies

My 5yo DD gets eaten alive by bugs. If our dog brings in one flea, she's covered in bites within what seems like minutes. If she's outside for more than five minutes she's covered head to toe in mosquito bites. No one else is like this, and they seem to avoid my oldest kid for the most part. We do wash and clean when I notice the dog has a flea and we use OFF spray for mosquitos but it never fails, she becomes covered in them. She's miserable in the summer time.

Is there anything I can do to make bugs stop biting her so much? Her doctor said it's her blood type, they're drawn to it. I just get tired of seeing her covered in bites and I know the poor thing itches like crazy. Anyone else deal with this issue?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Louweezymarie
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:36 AM

Apparently eating garlic repels them both. Plus it's good for the immune system. Try that maybe?

FirstTimeMama21
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:38 AM
Skin So Soft! My son has the same issue and it works wonders!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
connietrrll
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:38 AM
I have always been the same way. I am not sure there is anything you can do to prevent it. B ut, I personally take benadryl (a lot LOL) to stop the ithching and that stops the spreading.
3MusketeerMama
by EmmaRye Pie on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:38 AM

I always was eaten alive as a kid. If there was one flea in the house, it would go for me rather than the family pet. It got even worse when I was pregnant. Have you tried the citronella bracelets?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:49 AM

Never heard of them.

Quoting 3MusketeerMama:

I always was eaten alive as a kid. If there was one flea in the house, it would go for me rather than the family pet. It got even worse when I was pregnant. Have you tried the citronella bracelets?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:50 AM

Eating garlicy foods or straight up garlic? I dont understand.

Quoting Louweezymarie:

Apparently eating garlic repels them both. Plus it's good for the immune system. Try that maybe?

LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:53 AM

Her blood type? DH and I are both A+ but I always get eaten alive.  I don't know of any remedies though. We eat garlic everyday in Indian food and I sitll get bit.

3MusketeerMama
by EmmaRye Pie on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:55 AM

I found some at Target and used them on the kids when they would go outside and play with their water table. It seemed to help and we have terrible mosquitoes here.

Quoting Anonymous:

Never heard of them.

Quoting 3MusketeerMama:

Louweezymarie
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:55 AM

In foods... I wouldn't cook it though.... mince it up and add it at the end of the cooking process to things like spaghetti sauce, etc. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Eating garlicy foods or straight up garlic? I dont understand.

Quoting Louweezymarie:

CafeMom Tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:56 AM

Oh wow, I've never heard of them but I'll have to look around.

She'll need about fifty lol

Quoting 3MusketeerMama:

I found some at Target and used them on the kids when they would go outside and play with their water table. It seemed to help and we have terrible mosquitoes here.

Quoting Anonymous:

Never heard of them.

Quoting 3MusketeerMama:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)