Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

F*n puppies!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

I'm about to call animal control on my neighbors. They have at least five puppies, pugs at that and they're the ugliest damn things.

They are supposed to be fenced in but they keep getting out. I've nearly run them over backing out of my drive way and I've seen several other cars just miss them. They run in my yard and upset my dog which in turn wakes the baby.

The people are freaking weird anyway but really how hard is it to fix the fence and keep your dogs up? And god they bark ALL THE DAMN TIME. It's driving me crazy. Yap Yap yap! Ugh!

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 17, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
momto3B
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 8:24 AM

If they have 5 pug puppies, my guess is that they are backyard breeders. I would call animal control ASAP for the health and safety of the dogs. If they do not respond, call the Health Dept. and make it clear that the situation is not safe or sanitary. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 17, 2013 at 8:26 AM

I'm going to talk with DH about it tonight. He was offered a puppy by the neighbor (who we NEVER talk to..he just walked over one day and said "hey want a dog?").

Quoting momto3B:

If they have 5 pug puppies, my guess is that they are backyard breeders. I would call animal control ASAP for the health and safety of the dogs. If they do not respond, call the Health Dept. and make it clear that the situation is not safe or sanitary. 

j3st3r
by Jedi on Sep. 17, 2013 at 8:27 AM
While the dogs getting loose is certainly dangerous, OP said nothing about unsanitary conditions. I wouldn't recommend exaggerating or outright lying to Animal Control.

Quoting momto3B:

momto3B
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Maybe you are lucky and they are not backyard breeders if they did not put a price on the dog. I had incorrectly guessed that you had already spoken to them. 

If they are trying to find homes for the dogs, find the name of a local pug rescue for your neighbor. They could probably have the dogs fostered and find homes for them. 

Good luck. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm going to talk with DH about it tonight. He was offered a puppy by the neighbor (who we NEVER talk to..he just walked over one day and said "hey want a dog?").

Quoting momto3B:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 17, 2013 at 8:32 AM

They offered the dog about a month or two ago. It's been quite awhile. They haven't seem to of gotten rid of any of them.

Who knows what they're up to, they're weird as hell people. They've never seemed right to me in the first place.

Quoting momto3B:

Maybe you are lucky and they are not backyard breeders if they did not put a price on the dog. I had incorrectly guessed that you had already spoken to them. 

If they are trying to find homes for the dogs, find the name of a local pug rescue for your neighbor. They could probably have the dogs fostered and find homes for them. 

Good luck. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting momto3B:

momto3B
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 8:34 AM

If the dogs are loose in the OP's yard  it is unsanitary (I have 3 dogs myself).  

When it comes to animals,  Animal Control officers (I have worked with quite a few) are often well over burdened. Much of what comes under their domain can also be considered a "health issue".  Sometimes it just takes finding the department that is willing to address the issue. 

Quoting j3st3r:

While the dogs getting loose is certainly dangerous, OP said nothing about unsanitary conditions. I wouldn't recommend exaggerating or outright lying to Animal Control.

Quoting momto3B:

momto3B
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 8:36 AM

Unfortunately for you, it appears that you have only a few choices, deal with them, try and work with them to off load the dogs ( if that is their intention) or call local officials. 

Neighbors can sometimes really stink. 

Quoting Anonymous:

They offered the dog about a month or two ago. It's been quite awhile. They haven't seem to of gotten rid of any of them.

Who knows what they're up to, they're weird as hell people. They've never seemed right to me in the first place.

Quoting momto3B:

Good luck. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting momto3B:

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Check your town ordinances. Lots of places have limits on the number of animals, guidelines for them being outside (like they must be secured, and some places even have barking ordinances- where I live does. You can report a dog that has been barking for more than 20 min or is outside barking after a certain hour. I've never had to do that, but I was surprised to see that there are actually "barking rules".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured