Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why the eff can't your kid....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 209 Replies

Poll

Question: How old?

Options:

2 or under

8 or over

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 318

View Results

tie their shoes? 

Another post got me thinking... how old were your children when they learned to tie their shoes? 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mesfilles
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Kindergarten age, 4 or 5.
bakerytreatz16
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this
She's only 17 months. She doesn't even like to wear shoes. She hates things being on her feet. She can get her Velcro ones on herself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:02 AM
My son was 5 or 6. He had a hard time picking it up and I had a hard time teaching him. I am left handed and he is right handed so its not the same.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:03 AM
My DS is 3 1/2 and doesn't tie his shoes yet. My nephew is almost 11 and refuses to learn how...
PoisonEyeV
by _ on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:03 AM
2 moms liked this

Around 1st grade at 6 years old.  Kindergarten they wore boots and velcro shoes because as they were learning at home they weren't able to do it fast enough at school and I felt it was a burden to deal with that every day and become frustrated with it.

By 1st grade they had it down.

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Quoting mesfilles:

Kindergarten age, 4 or 5.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:03 AM

We live in FL so he only wears shoes that need to be tied on the weekends for sports. He wears sandals at literally all other times. He is 4 and doesnt know how to tie his shoe. I blame it on the weather lol. 

mommy5912
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:04 AM
My kids were between 3-4 however if didn't know before school had started I would have done Velcro shoes
mommy2zbg
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:04 AM

My son is 4 and we have been working on it.

LilliesValley
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Dd was 5. We worked for her for awhile on it. Dh had showed her his way, two bunny ears, LOL, and she just couldn't get it. Finally and with kindergarten looming (where it's required to know) I showed her my way. One bunny ear and wrap it around and pull it through. She got it right away. No issues. Sorry this is a basic skill that they should know. The teacher mltn has 25-30 other students, they don't have time to tie shoes, that's just the reality. This is just part of a parents job, it's like making sure your kid is potty trained before starting school, same thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured