Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Overworked and Underpaid-What's Your Job Worth?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 68 Replies

Are you??   Take for instance, companions and homemakers.....

i think taking care of people all day long making sure they don't hurt themselves, stay safe, eat, and are mentally stimulated is one of the hardest underpaid jobs out there.  Whether it's child care or old age care. 

While there's no price a person can put on someone's being alive, getting paid a decent wage to ensure old people stay alive in their own home is something that does not exist.  

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:41 AM
I'm a preschool teacher with a degree and make $8.76 an hour. So not enough. I can't support my child on this but I do love my job. Oh, and the health insurance that's offered is HALF my take home pay before the $3000 deductible and copays.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:42 AM

YES...thats another underpaid job...grossly underpaid in most places, too

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm a preschool teacher with a degree and make $8.76 an hour. So not enough. I can't support my child on this but I do love my job. Oh, and the health insurance that's offered is HALF my take home pay before the $3000 deductible and copays.

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I am a nanny PT. I do make a better than  decent wage. I get great benefits and LOVE my job and families.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:44 AM

then you're not overworked or underpaid

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

I am a nanny PT. I do make a better than  decent wage. I get great benefits and LOVE my job and families.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:44 AM

I'm an accountant.  I am not a CPA.  I make over $50K a year. For not having a degree, in this career, I am well paid.

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:44 AM
I'm a Paralegal and the pay is pretty good so no complaints here.
CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm not overworked, but I am underpaid. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Thank you!! Too bad there are many that think its not.

Quoting Anonymous:

YES...thats another underpaid job...grossly underpaid in most places, too

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:45 AM
I work with children with disabilities from TBI to several ADHD... And I am telling you right now we are way under paid
ishmay28
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:47 AM
I work in an assisted living facility. Def overworked and underpaid!! I love my job and am currently trying to get our rate of pay raised.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)