Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do you allow your child to be tardy for school?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 178 Replies
I do...I have a 6 year second grader that has severe asthma and night time can be the worse for her...So after a typically bad night I will let her sleep in, in the morning till she wakes up on her own and then depending on how she is feeling we get ready and take her to school (1 mile from my house) she is normally only an hour late...I feel a well rested child will do better then a child who is exhausted and the school agree with me...since Dd already misses slot of school each year because of being sick with other health issues this helps keep her from missing more then she needs to...

Would you in my situation?

I guess I need to add more information....dd goes to bed at 7, but there are times when because of her asthma she has issues breathing which in returns causes her to cough non stop and even with her meds it makes it hard to sleep or to stay asleep...the school and dr has agreed that for her it is best if she comes in late instead of not at all...she has a 504 medical plan in place to protect her...dd also has other health issues that put her in and out of the hospital and in those cases the school provided her a tutor...
Last year she was only tardy 4 times..as we work on her health issues and work with her meds and doctors to get everything under control this will change, but for now this is what is best for dd

She always makes up all missed work and she does not disrupt class she knows she is to walk in quietly put stuff in cubby and take her seat...
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MotherLady
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 10:00 AM
My children have never been tardy. And have only missed for medical reasons WITH a doctors note.
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 10:01 AM

No because they have no reason to be.

2Sparrows4ever
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this
No... up and at em'
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 17, 2013 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this
An hour late isn't tardy. That's absent for an entire class and probably tardy to the second. Put her in bed earlier. The school may agree with you but the law doesn't and eventually, with that many absences, she will be truant.
Seagodess
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

In that type of situation it is understandable. The school knows the reasons right?

DS doesn't have any health issues, so its not something I have to worry about. He rides the bus 3 days a week, so he cant be late or he wouldn't get to school.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 17, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

mom4awesomekids
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 10:04 AM

No

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

absolutely.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

AvengedMommy101
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this

You should have her going to bed earlier then. Your teaching your child that it's okay to show up late because she wanted to sleep in. That will go over well when she has to get a job one day.

jujubear1
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Just once. As a regular occurrence, no. But no health issues here.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN