Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need help deciding on a formula for my daughter.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 210 Replies
Ok, I need some help deciding on a formula to buy for when I have my daughter(due next month) I breastfed my son and hated it. Ive talked with my husband on it and we both agree we would rather formula feed but we have not found much information as to which is best for babies. I read the ingredients for enfamil and saw they use vegetable oil and similac doesn't so idk if it makes s huge difference.

I have not done much research on gerber or any organic type formulas

I also know every babe does different on certain formulas but I want to feel like I made a good decision to start out with.

which do you suggest? I was thinking about trying the sensitive/gentle formulas for gas to start on but idk or the newborn formulas.

thank you!

oh also has anyone used ready to feed bottles. I was thinking about rtf in the quarts sized bottles, they are more expensive but then I would not have to worry about mixxing an such.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Yogamom08
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:36 AM
3 moms liked this
Honestly the best start for any baby comes from the breast. Why don't you try for a week or two so baby can at least have some colostrum and milk? Maybe you will have a different experience this time!
Glitchtastic13
by Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I used nutramigen for my son. It was suggested my the doc because he wasn't digesting the other formulas.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:37 AM
You start out with a basic formula, then if she isn't tolerating it yiou switch.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:37 AM
I may breastfeed during my hospital stay but i don't want to continue once im home.

Quoting Yogamom08:

Honestly the best start for any baby comes from the breast. Why don't you try for a week or two so baby can at least have some colostrum and milk? Maybe you will have a different experience this time!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Ok, which brand do you suggest?

Quoting Anonymous:

You start out with a basic formula, then if she isn't tolerating it yiou switch.

jtsmommy11
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Gerber goodstart was great for my son he was gassy and had reflux
1CrazyCajun
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:39 AM

We had great success with Gerber Good Start. Enfamil gave my son gas.

Mainstream Moms Attached Parenting/Crunchy not quite your style?Come join other like minded moms.

Yogamom08
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:40 AM
4 moms liked this
May I ask why not?

I am trying to understand. You say you want to give your baby the best start, yet you are choosing not to breast feed before you have even given it a real effort. I just don't get it.

Quoting Anonymous:

I may breastfeed during my hospital stay but i don't want to continue once im home.

Quoting Yogamom08:

Jensep
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:40 AM

We use similac extra comfort. My son was not digesting the regular similac well. Once he is 6 months, we will try to switch back to the regular similac! IMO-most formulas are pretty similar...

mom2gmp2
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:41 AM
I used plain Similac with my youngest.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured