Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you ever lied about where you live so your child can go to a different school?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 265 Replies
We live in a very small school district with a great school. We are rural but close to the city. The district is divided into 2 areas really, money and poor. This in itself has its own issues. We live in the nice area and are not poor. My friend is on the school board and told me about the 20 kids that suddenly registered in our school that they believe are lying about where they live. That is a huge amount for a small school! Have you lied about where you live? If so, what were your reasons? Why did you think you had the right to do that? Did you get caught? If you got caught, what happen?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Nope. Most schools here are open enrollment schools.
TaughtTot
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:44 PM

No

When I was younger I lived in a different city, obviously different district, and my mom signed me up for a interdictrict transfer.  I had to get it renewed every freaking year lol.  But it was always approved because I was a good student and I had spent most of my life in the other district.  

Usually if people are honest they will get their way, feeling the need to lie is kind of ridiculous.

bcoll
by Brandi on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:45 PM

No, we love our schools

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:46 PM

My parents did this for me for one year.  We were not caught.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:48 PM

nope, DS's school is in the top 5 in the state

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:48 PM

No. So, what are they going to do?

awesomemommy2
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:48 PM

No I have not nor would I.   It will only cause issues for the child who will at some point in time have to be in on the lie.   

sam12796
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:50 PM
No we can apply for boundary exemptions. Also schools here ask for utility bills with your name and address on them.
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Nope, we moved in this area because we wanted our children to go to school here.

....ClvrScn.
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Nope. We have open enrollment in our district, which means that as long as their is space available, then you can enroll at that school.

When schools are assigned in August, if there isn't enough space for your child to go to their "home" school, the board pretty much says " too bad, you should have registered sooner".

I registered my son in May, but then decided on another school, in early August. There were only two spots left for Kindergarten and they hadn't even done the "assignment" kids yet. No kids living in that neighborhood got into that school..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN