Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you ever lied about where you live so your child can go to a different school?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
We live in a very small school district with a great school. We are rural but close to the city. The district is divided into 2 areas really, money and poor. This in itself has its own issues. We live in the nice area and are not poor. My friend is on the school board and told me about the 20 kids that suddenly registered in our school that they believe are lying about where they live. That is a huge amount for a small school! Have you lied about where you live? If so, what were your reasons? Why did you think you had the right to do that? Did you get caught? If you got caught, what happen?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Yes, when DH and I first married the school district where we lived was crap and they bussed the kids far. My MIL lived next to a great school, we enrolled them there so they could be at a great school and MIL could get them afterschool. We were never caught and we eventually moved into the same neighborhood so we would not have to lie anymore.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:52 PM

No, but I'm going to keep that idea in mind. I hate my DD's current school.

jakesmom323
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:53 PM
I want to do this because my city does inner city integration and buses all of them in and us out. Bunch of BS. Anyways, if I don't get a safe school near my upper middle class neighborhood, I will have to resort to this.
TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Nope, but we can open enroll other schools in our district.

Pink.Sunshine.
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:54 PM

no

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Yes and no I was living with my mom until we closed on our house so my dd was zoned for a school in her area. Even when we moved dd finished out the school yr at said school instead of transferring. That was in March/April of this yr.
mom4awesomekids
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:55 PM

No

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:55 PM
They are going to investigate and have them followed. They did last year and removed several students.

Quoting littlesippycup:

No. So, what are they going to do?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Why one year?

Quoting Anonymous:

My parents did this for me for one year.  We were not caught.

Mommy2ETnBM
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:57 PM

In my town we have 4 elementaries, 2 middle schools and 1 high school. You can choose which school you want to go to, no matter what part of town you live in as long as you drive them if you pick one far away. The whole reason I live in this town is for the amazing schools. If we ever moved, don't doubt for a second that I wouldn't use my dads address here in town so I could keep my kids in their schools.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN