Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think it's okay to call other people's kids out on their rudeness?

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:04 PM
  • 155 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you think it's okay to call other people's kids out on their rudeness?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 325

View Results

by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamalovesall
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes it is nessasary if the child is hurting someones feelings.  Sometimes you just need to talk to the parents.  We have a child in our neighborhood who is a bully and had NO manners and I have had to speak up a couple times.

twade26
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:08 PM
3 moms liked this

It depends on the situation.

Sekirei
by LoKitty on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:09 PM
2 moms liked this

I would rather people not attempt to discipline my child in any way... I want them to come to me about it.

JTE11
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:10 PM
4 moms liked this

Yes, I do but I think it should be done in a proper way. I wouldn't be yelling at or be condescending to someone else's kid, it would have to be done in a respectful way. I would also hope that someone would properly correct my DD if she needed it and I wasn't there.

supercarp
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:11 PM

It depends on the circumstances, and you have to be very polite about it. It is rarely wrong to point out another person's bad behavior to them.

supercarp
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:14 PM

What if you aren't there? He's verbally abusing another kid. Your kid is getting corrected.

Quoting Sekirei:

I would rather people not attempt to discipline my child in any way... I want them to come to me about it.

Sekirei
by LoKitty on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:16 PM

bring him to me. period. 

Quoting supercarp:

What if you aren't there? He's verbally abusing another kid. Your kid is getting corrected.

Quoting Sekirei:

TableforSeven
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

If their parents aren't around...or if the kid is a royal brat and mom and/or dad are completely ignoring horrible behavior.......then - yes.

kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Depends
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supercarp
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:21 PM
2 moms liked this

You are out of town.

Quoting Sekirei:

bring him to me. period. 

Quoting supercarp:

Quoting Sekirei:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)