Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think it's okay to call other people's kids out on their rudeness?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you think it's okay to call other people's kids out on their rudeness?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 325

View Results

by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:21 PM
If the parents won't do it and it affects me or my children the. Yes I would. I won't chastize the child but they'll know to knock it off.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

On occasion yes, I had my 4 month old baby at a urgent care clinic and a child may be 6 or 7 came over and grabbed my babies car seat i stopped him from being able to shake the car seat and he hit me. I flat out told him hitting was rude and you should not touch other people's things much less shake a baby and that he needed to go sit with his mom right then. She not only never said anything but did not even seem to care whoever she was on the phone with must have been really important

Sekirei
by Nari on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:21 PM

that wouldn't be happening.  my son is autistic... I won't be leaving him anywhere while I am out of town

Quoting supercarp:

You are out of town.

Quoting Sekirei:

bring him to me. period. 

Quoting supercarp:

What if you aren't there? He's verbally abusing another kid. Your kid is getting corrected.

Quoting Sekirei:

I would rather people not attempt to discipline my child in any way... I want them to come to me about it.

glorytojehovah
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:22 PM

It depends and it should always be done in a respectful and loving manner.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:23 PM
6 moms liked this
To avoid crazy, batshit mothers who coddle their precious babies I don't, but I sure as hell think about it.

I feel that some parents get to wrapped up in the thought that their child is just a child, but it's more than that. It's totally acceptable to call an adult out on their rudeness yet some how we seem to forget that one day our children will be adults. Prepare them earlier in life, let them take constructive criticism from strangers or a simple "You're being rude" and perhaps the transition into the teenage years or adulthood won't be so daunting.
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, if kids are being rude to me, I tell them to knock it off. If I see them being excessive to other people, I tell them to knock it off. 

Kyndall30
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:25 PM
9 moms liked this
If you aren't there and your kid is being an a**hole, I will absolutely correct him. Not aggressively or super-harshly, but the child will know he was behaving badly. "Bring him to you"? Even if you aren't there? Really? No, thanks, I'll deal with the situation as it takes place.
supercarp
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this

You could have mentioned that in the first place. I said "it depends on the circumstances." That is an important circumstance.

Quoting Sekirei:

that wouldn't be happening.  my son is autistic... I won't be leaving him anywhere while I am out of town

Quoting supercarp:

You are out of town.

Quoting Sekirei:

bring him to me. period. 

Quoting supercarp:

What if you aren't there? He's verbally abusing another kid. Your kid is getting corrected.

Quoting Sekirei:

I would rather people not attempt to discipline my child in any way... I want them to come to me about it.

melly_v88
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:27 PM
2 moms liked this

If their child is directly effecting my child with their lack of respect, then I have no problem calling them out. Or if I see a child being mean to another one, I ask that one where their mother is and take them to her and tell her he's a rude little jerk and to deal with him before I blow up.

Sekirei
by Nari on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Well, the fact that he is autistic wouldnt excuse him for being a shit head is the reason I didn't mention it initially. I just won't be leaving him on his own. Even if he were 'normal' .. I still wouldn't want non family members disciplining him (except for teachers)

Quoting supercarp:

You could have mentioned that in the first place. I said "it depends on the circumstances." That is an important circumstance.

Quoting Sekirei:

Quoting supercarp:

You are out of town.

Quoting Sekirei:

bring him to me. period. 

Quoting supercarp:

Quoting Sekirei:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN