Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think it's okay to call other people's kids out on their rudeness?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you think it's okay to call other people's kids out on their rudeness?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 325

View Results

by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Replies (151-155):
spinnet1806
by Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm afraid I'm quite old fashioned when it come to rudeness and misbehavior.

I believe, as my mother did, that you scold, discipline and spank AT HOME. If you deal with these issues at home, then the child will think twice before repeating in front of others. If they do it anyway, then, when we get home, you can be sure that my child and I, depending on his\her age of course, will be having quite a "" discussion " about his behavior - and it will get a bit "noisy" while I give his naught bottom something to think about.

I know that many disagree with these methods, but after many years and several children, I can honestly say that MY children's behavior, inside or outside our home, is usually "very good". I need not explain further, because one has only to attend a party, with children present, to observe their behavior and how that behavior, goes unresolved and worse - tolerated.  

3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Sep. 18, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Quoting msalice_21:

Yes I will. I won't accept disrespect from anyone including a child.
cnoelc
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 3:38 PM

It depends on how well you know the other person, and the extent of the rudeness.  My friends and I all call each others' kids out all the time.  But, I don't think I could do it to a stranger's kids, unless it was something really rude.  

Angela6812
by Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Only if there is no parent attending the child and there is an issue with someone getting hurt or being in a dangerous situation. And only I a positive way.

Tristin12
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:44 PM

I have sometimes called out other people's kids. I don't like to, and I prefer to let the parents deal with the issues, but if the parents aren't around or don't care (as is the case with a child in my nieghborhood), then I'm not afraid to say something especially if the child is doing something that could hurt my kids or destroy my property. Just had an incident tonight with this little girl across the road from me (who is only 6 but is outside constantly unsupervised when she's not in school). Apparently, she was trying to take a toy away from my son, and when he told her that it wasn't working right and he was going to put it up, she yanked it out of his hand and purposely tossed it out into the street in front of an oncoming car!  It got ran over and destroyed. My son was VERY upset. Both of the other child's parents were sitting on their porch looking right over into my yard, so I know they seen the whole thing. I gave them a chance to deal with the issue, but when I saw that they weren't even going to SAY anything to her, I went out on the porch and told her she was going to have to leave because what she had done was unacceptable. I told her she isn't allowed back for the rest of today.

Yet, my daughter went outside a few minutes ago to feed my dog and the little girl saw her and dashed across the road into my yard after I told her she can't come back today. Her mother was sitting out on the porch and watched her come into my yard and did NOTHING. I know for a fact that the mom heard me tell the kid that she wasn't allowed over anymore today because she was sitting right there when I told her ealier!  So once again, I had to go out and tell her to leave my yard. Aggravating! Grrrrrr......

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)