Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think it's okay to call other people's kids out on their rudeness?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you think it's okay to call other people's kids out on their rudeness?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 325

View Results

by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I'll only do it if the kid is in my home, then my rules go and must be followed. If I'm in public I say nothing, I WILL high five my own kids though. We do it every time we see a child misbehaving while out, it's my way of showing the kids what they should NOT do and praising them for being good.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:30 PM
3 moms liked this

YES!

If your child is being rude, obnoxious, hurtful or mean..... I will verbally reprimand him or her.

shansa3fan
by Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Too vague of a question. What are the ages? What did the child do?

With my teens in the neighborhood, I have had to tell other teens that they're not welcome. Instead of just doing that, I explain why. Calmly. They may not tell their parents why but these teens know why. I'd rather they know why rather than just pushing it off by me being a b&tch. Im a scout leader too so I am used to going over heads and the parents expect that.

aponder
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:40 PM
I voted yes but it depends on the situation for me, is the child 5 or younger, they tend to blurt stuff out and the mother may know they are being rude and correct them later. Is the mother around at the time of the rudeness if the child is doing it away from the mother's awareness I will say something regardless of age. A 16 year old once teased my 12 year old that he needed to go shopping for a dress cause that would fit his personaility, his mother didn't say a word I called him on it and made him apologize because he said it in front of my mother also.
3girlskdpreno
by Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:51 PM
4 moms liked this

Um...... Yeah! Someone has to teach them! And it aint right for it to keep going! At one point in time your friends parent would tell you right from wrong you neighbors would tell you right from wrong your teacher would etc... Now everyone is afraid to hurt someones feelings! Or the parent are quick to judge because they think you are judging them by telling their kid something! I say get over it the kids have to learn one way or another

Dvegas
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:55 PM
2 moms liked this

I saw a girl push  a what looked like 1 year old off a fake  car in the park and the parent of the baby just let her do it which is totally her call. Later that same girl saw my 22 month old son playing in the car and she started walking towards him with the same mean look on her face about to do it again and I walked in front of her, got down to her level and told her " I know what you are about to do and you need to wait your turn" she said "oh ok" and walked away. This girl was about 5 and old enough to know right from wrong and I have no idea who/where her parents were so in order to protect my son I did what needed to be done which was to give the girl a talking to.

I actually wish parents would talk to my son when he acts out. Like when he tries to take toys away from another kid. They always give into him even after i tell them not to as he needs to learn to wait his turn. They all tell me he is too young to understand that and take the toy away from there kid to give to mine and justify that with there kid needs to learn to share. IMO he will never understand to wait his turn if i never teach him and if other people keep giving in to him just because he is a "baby" (he is almost 2). Also They are not teaching there kid to share they are teaching there kid to be a push over and that some other kid is more important than them.

Seagodess
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:55 PM

I  think its fine if its done in a nice way and not yelling at the kid.

I know DS's friend has said a few things that I thought were rude. I told him that it wasn't very nice and not to say things like that. I didn't yell or get mad or anything, just explained it. He was perfectly fine.

3girlskdpreno
by Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Just conversation not being mean or whatever, but what difference does the situation or age have to do with it younger or older they still have to learn right from wrong or what they are doing isnt right! Younger you wanna nip it in the but so to speak no you dont wanna be rude about it but if you catch you can tell them it was wrong! Why not?

Quoting shansa3fan:

Too vague of a question. What are the ages? What did the child do?

With my teens in the neighborhood, I have had to tell other teens that they're not welcome. Instead of just doing that, I explain why. Calmly. They may not tell their parents why but these teens know why. I'd rather they know why rather than just pushing it off by me being a b&tch. Im a scout leader too so I am used to going over heads and the parents expect that.

SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Quoting TableforSeven:

If their parents aren't around...or if the kid is a royal brat and mom and/or dad are completely ignoring horrible behavior.......then - yes.

Ayla-bellesmom
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Absolutely.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)