Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think it's okay to call other people's kids out on their rudeness?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you think it's okay to call other people's kids out on their rudeness?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 325

View Results

by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Replies (31-40):
Kriskash25
by Kristina on Sep. 17, 2013 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't because it isn't going to make a difference these parents wont reinforce it, plus why should I parent others kids then they grow dependent on others to raise their kids. I just avoid them and their parents!
lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Sep. 17, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Quoting twade26:

It depends on the situation.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 3:18 PM

It depends. I remember once a couple of years ago, we were all having lunch at my house and I made gnocchi, which is my nephews favorite food. They usually have the boxed kind, but I make my own. My nephew came to me to tell me the gnocchi were disgusting. Maybe it was out of line, my sil didn't seem to mind, but I told him that wasn't a nice thing to do, that he's just used to a different kind of gnocchi and I respect he didn't like mine, but that I worked hard to make him his favorite food, and it's not nice to tell something like that to a person that's trying to do something nice for you.

On the other hand, the other day I was entering the JCC and after scanning both my boys cards, I was about to scan mine when this little girl, about 7 years old, pushes me away- literally0- and scans hers and goes. My boys stood there with their mouths wide open, they would never dare do something that rude, especially to an adult. But, she's not my nasty little brat, I have no relation to that nasty little brat, I said nothing to her.

LACHESIS
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 3:18 PM

I often wonder how one kid, much less off of the children in a family can be such horrors.... I have been watching too much Supernanny. 

Seriously though... 3 kids, all pretty laid back. Not perfect by any means, but not little terrors. And definately not all of the time. Some of those kids on her show scare me.

That being said, I will tell my children not to play with kids who do things my kids know are wrong. I won't tell the parents, but I will tell my kids "Is that acceptable to act like those kids? Why is it wrong". I am scared the parents might freak out on me. 

~Rachel in AZ (formally from Southeast Alaska)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mom to Joey, Aiden and Lydia

MammaQuinny
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 3:19 PM

I work with kids- so I let them know when they are being rude all the time.  I usually will start with the explanation of their behavior then I tell them what a better way of doing it would be.  A timeout if they are young usually will fix the problem for the time being.  But if the parents arent setting them straight, someone has to.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Sep. 17, 2013 at 3:20 PM
3 moms liked this

well Im deaf so if your kid is being distractive enough it bothers me, yes Im going to say something... I have told kids to knock it off... If your kid is bothering me or my family/kids I will tell them to knock it off. Funny because when shopping I have seen kids act abnoxious and parents tell me off in stores when I ask their kid to move, or move out of my way, or stop touching my cart, or please do not touch my child or whatever. Too bad they dont know Im deaf.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Sep. 17, 2013 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

oh and I am positive those with bad kids have mommies that are members of Cafemom....

luckysevenwow
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 3:23 PM
2 moms liked this

I have no problem calling anyone out who is being rude. I'm not an ass or anything but there is no reason for rude behaviour. I'm also not going to be searching out other parents, if they aren't close enough to do it themselves it won't kill a child to be corrected by someone else, again, not in a rude manner.

mamacough
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I have and will continue too. I have earned my respect and I want it from young people. So they may not like me for it, I don't have a problem with that. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 17, 2013 at 3:33 PM

I certainly hope so because I do it daily at my job.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)