Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you think is the biggest reason kids today are so rude?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: What do you think is the biggest reason kids today are so rude?

Options:

They're getting bad examples from the media

Their parents are allowing rude behavior

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 331

View Results

by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Replies (11-20):
Countess79
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:34 PM

EXACTLY!

Quoting glorytojehovah:

Bad examples in the media, music industry, sports arena in their homes, our society has hit it's lowest of lows with the morals and values. Broken homes, parents who both work and the kids are left 

I am an Old Fashioned mom! I beleive in God, Guns and Freedom!

I beleive Children need to learn manners, self respect and Obediance! If my children don't tow the line.. I have the rod of correction to be applied to the seat of knowledge to bring about the change in attitude and behavior!

Schizomom91
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Parents. When I was growing up, I had very bad influences in the media (That show with the racist prick and his pushover wife) and it didn't affect me. What mattered is the fact that my parents actually RAISED me, rather than letting the Tv, videogames, etc. to it for them.

orliesmom
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:35 PM

The parents. I was at an ob appointment a few weeks ago there were several parents there with kids and one kid, about 6 or so called another parent an idiot. The parent said 'wow strong words bud' the mother of the kid didnt even look up from her phone and said he learned it from daycare and for him to come sit and eat gummy worms..... um ok.

Logan_Bellasmom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:35 PM
90% of the kids I work with are that way because they are allowed to. They won't pull that crap with me because I will not tolerate it. But they will with the parents or others because they allow it. Parents blaming media makes me laugh. It's an excuses their poor parenting.
supercarp
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:36 PM
2 moms liked this

Really, both, but the bottom line is the parents are responsible. Today's parents don't parent.

i_am_no_1
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I swat my son on the diaper occasionally and he behaves in public now.

However, I'm an abusive bitch, lol

Leissaintexas
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:37 PM
4 moms liked this

Children have no fear, because these days its 'wrong' to punish bad behavior. You're supposed to reason with them and speak gently and ask them how they feel. When I was a kid, I could conceivably get spanked by whoever caught me screwing up whether it was a teacher, a neighbor or a grandparent. Yeah, there were still rude kids, but the level of rudeness was way different then. Then, a rude kid would at least have some shame and knew it was wrong. Now, they don't care, if they even understand its wrong.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:38 PM

100% parents.

They are failing kids nowadays, big time.

monkeymommy1
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Both. But mostly parents allowing it. They are allowing the bad media into their home too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Equally both.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN