Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you think is the biggest reason kids today are so rude?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: What do you think is the biggest reason kids today are so rude?

Options:

They're getting bad examples from the media

Their parents are allowing rude behavior

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 331

View Results

by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Replies (161-170):
Presley77
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 12:44 AM
Both
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 18, 2013 at 12:57 AM
You understand your peers tell you it is wrong to discipline and spank, it's not your parents, your friends parents, or your grandparents.
momofpreemieboy
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Not enough disapline and too much bad stuff allowed for children to watch. I will say my kids knew better than to give lip to adults and that respect is not given freely, you have to earn it.

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:51 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting laranadtony:

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes! Kids these days should be beaten. NOT!

The ignorance on this thread is amazing.

Quoting laranadtony:

Because they don't have 50 "parents" like we did.

We did not mess around in mrs davis' garden because she would paddle our butts, then both parents would paddle our butts and we had better home grandma was not mrs davis' friend because she was coming from atlanta to paddle our butts.

Kids have NOTHING  to fear now because it is "wrong" to put fear in them.

A couple of swats on the butt is not beating. If it is, my husband beats me daily!

Lovely, the twisted teaching their kids how to be even more twisted.

BTW, One swat or a couple of swats is hitting. Hitting a kid is child abuse. 

LMAO! CPS doesn't think so. 

Don't sweat the petty things;Don't pet the sweaty things!

AMRios
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:54 AM

You can't blame it on other people... The way your child/children act is all on you!

LadyBear1
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:59 AM

To some degree I agree with this, but I will still paddle my children's butts if they are rude/disrespectful.  That is NOT tolerated.  I would rather them have a good healthy dose of fear than to treat others like crap.  I still go by the Bible saying "spare the rod and spoil the child."

Quoting laranadtony:

We did not mess around in mrs davis' garden because she would paddle our butts, then both parents would paddle our butts and we had better home grandma was not mrs davis' friend because she was coming from atlanta to paddle our butts.

Isaacsmom913
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:01 AM

I firmly believe this lies at home.  If you have parents who don't expect children to say please/thank you, yes MA'AM, No Sir, or to hold doors for women, or to give up their seat on the subway for an elderly person how can you expect the masses to learn these courtesies?

It's remarkable to me when people comment on how polite a child is because it's such an uncommon occurance now.  The ME ME ME generation changed everything.

wadelgal
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Yay to all you mommies that liked this reply! And the most praise to laranadtony for posting it!

Quoting laranadtony:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Both reasons. 

StarLight23
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:01 PM

I think it's both. Parents are too afraid of disciplining their kids and being all buddy buddy with them. There are no restrictions on what young people are viewing or the parents just don't care. They think that society and school should help them learn these things.. Guess what? It's not all on them. It's a real reflection of the parents though I agree.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)