Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you think is the biggest reason kids today are so rude?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: What do you think is the biggest reason kids today are so rude?

Options:

They're getting bad examples from the media

Their parents are allowing rude behavior

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 331

View Results

by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:40 PM
2 moms liked this
Parents are too wrapped up in themselves and trying to have it all that they don't take the time to teach their children the things they need to know. Parents don't realize their children watch every move they make and copy the behavior. I've been appalled by the manners I've seen at school bit after meeting the parents its not hard to see where they get it from.

I also blame the media to an extent. When children see how popular an I'll behaved person on reality shows or sitcoms they think that's the way to be popular. Parents don't filter what their children watch or at the very least teach their children that that is not the wag to behave.
Mama07Shorty
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Quoting Schizomom91:

Parents. When I was growing up, I had very bad influences in the media (That show with the racist prick and his pushover wife) and it didn't affect me. What mattered is the fact that my parents actually RAISED me, rather than letting the Tv, videogames, etc. to it for them.

this! when my mom was at work i was at my grandparents and not infront of the tv,videogames,or left to do whatever by myself

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:41 PM

I agree times have changed (they always do) but I just think this is always a complaint the older generation has about the younger ones. Back when my mother grew up (in the 50's) my grandparents complained about how disrespectful the kids of that era were, with their loud rock and roll music and poodle skirts. To me, it's just the same thing, different era.

Quoting laranadtony:

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think today's children are any worse than previous generations.

Yeah, they are.

We took guns and pocketknives to school and knew better than to use them on anything living and breathing and we were not scared of the police either. I can't tell you how many trucks in my high school's parking lots had gun racks with several guns on them.

We did not speak to our elder disrespectfully because there was a price to pay.

We did not dress in flimsy clothes because we would be sent home to get into trouble for wearing them in the first place.

Jblb
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this
It's so true, maybe not the fear part, but the lack of supervision. At any given time my dd is playing with at least 6 different kids of all ages. I'm the only parent always out there and while I can't discipline anyone's child but my own. I do stop bad behaviour and I don't care whose kid you are... I only hope my kids grow up to be respectful of others, and I only hope if someone sees my child misbehaving they would say something!

Quoting laranadtony:

Because they don't have 50 "parents" like we did.

We did not mess around in mrs davis' garden because she would paddle our butts, then both parents would paddle our butts and we had better home grandma was not mrs davis' friend because she was coming from atlanta to paddle our butts.

Kids have NOTHING  to fear now because it is "wrong" to put fear in them.

Melody635
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:44 PM
2 moms liked this

Not only is it parents allowing this behavior, it's parents exhibiting this behavior. 

petie1104
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:45 PM
My mom was a teen in the 60's. she remembers being told they were the most disrespectful generation. I agree with you. But I also don't think that just because its a complaint that every generation has, that we should ignore it not try I fix it. I don't think you were saying that, but I do think we should aim to raise Holden better than ourselves.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree times have changed (they always do) but I just think this is always a complaint the older generation has about the younger ones. Back when my mother grew up (in the 50's) my grandparents complained about how disrespectful the kids of that era were, with their loud rock and roll music and poodle skirts. To me, it's just the same thing, different era.

Quoting laranadtony:

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, they are.

We took guns and pocketknives to school and knew better than to use them on anything living and breathing and we were not scared of the police either. I can't tell you how many trucks in my high school's parking lots had gun racks with several guns on them.

We did not dress in flimsy clothes because we would be sent home to get into trouble for wearing them in the first place.

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:45 PM
3 moms liked this

parents 100%

too many homes with both parents working. 

too many children in daycares that dont care. 

and too many parents afraid to take thier hand to their childs ass when the little shit needs it. 

anitarichman
by Anita on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:46 PM

I vote Both.

shansa3fan
by Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:47 PM

I think it's both. That, added that parents can be tied with discipline. There's such a sense of entitlement and no respect.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Agreed. I do teach my children respect and manners.

Quoting petie1104:

My mom was a teen in the 60's. she remembers being told they were the most disrespectful generation. I agree with you. But I also don't think that just because its a complaint that every generation has, that we should ignore it not try I fix it. I don't think you were saying that, but I do think we should aim to raise Holden better than ourselves.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting laranadtony:

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, they are.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)