Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you think is the biggest reason kids today are so rude?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: What do you think is the biggest reason kids today are so rude?

Options:

They're getting bad examples from the media

Their parents are allowing rude behavior

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 331

View Results

by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Their parents are shitty....it's not the media...if the parent would simply turn off the TV or keep kids monitored on the internet and teach good examples at home, there would be less shitty kids.

Mrslovely2013
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

All the kids I came across who were very rude and disrespectful also had rude and disrespectful parents. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:49 PM

If i have ever acted like some of these kids i would have a sore ass or would have been eating my teeth........ I cringe every time i hear a kid mouth off in the store. But some of the parents are not much better.

highlandmum
by Spunky on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Parents, parents, parents.  We are our childrens first role model.  Rude adults = rude children.  How many times have you seen adults that will not say excuse me, please, or thank you?  How many times has the person ahead of you walked through the door without holding it open for you?  When was the last time a person let you go ahead of them when you only had one item?

Our children see this - they see how we act and they take our lead.

2metalbabies
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I raised my 17 yr old dd to be pleasent and respectful and if she wanted anything, she needed to earn it. I so tried to teach her that if she broke our rules, there would be consequences to be had. The school taught her that if I did anything that made her feel uncomfortable or threatened, she needed to tell a teacher and they would turn me in for abuse. Needless to say, she is very entitled and has yet to feel consequences for any of her actions.
Ayla-bellesmom
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:50 PM

It's actually not really my experience that "kids today are so rude".

Most of the kids I know are polite, respectful, decent kids.

Obviously there are always going to be some moments of poor behavior, but that goes for every child. For the most part though, good kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Parents are afraid to discipline their kids because people yell call CPS at the drop I a hat
Mrslovely2013
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I'm in my mid twenties but I completely agree with this! And parents are more concerned with having their children like them (be friends) instead of actually parenting them and teaching them right from wrong.

Quoting laranadtony:

Because they don't have 50 "parents" like we did.

We did not mess around in mrs davis' garden because she would paddle our butts, then both parents would paddle our butts and we had better home grandma was not mrs davis' friend because she was coming from atlanta to paddle our butts.

Kids have NOTHING  to fear now because it is "wrong" to put fear in them.

Ayla-bellesmom
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:52 PM

This is absolutely true.

This is something every generations of adults have said, for as long as there have been teenagers and kids.

Things are different now, but that doesn't mean that kids are BAD, or worse. Kids are still just kids, for the most part.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree times have changed (they always do) but I just think this is always a complaint the older generation has about the younger ones. Back when my mother grew up (in the 50's) my grandparents complained about how disrespectful the kids of that era were, with their loud rock and roll music and poodle skirts. To me, it's just the same thing, different era.

Quoting laranadtony:

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think today's children are any worse than previous generations.

Yeah, they are.

We took guns and pocketknives to school and knew better than to use them on anything living and breathing and we were not scared of the police either. I can't tell you how many trucks in my high school's parking lots had gun racks with several guns on them.

We did not speak to our elder disrespectfully because there was a price to pay.

We did not dress in flimsy clothes because we would be sent home to get into trouble for wearing them in the first place.

Summerlion1123
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Parents don't like to discipline their little snowflakes. They also don't think their kids can possibly do anything worth punishment. Theres also over sheltering, and catering to ridiculous "needs" which creates an entitlement complex.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)