Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I need to vent about this,because I keep it to myself

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 5:23 PM
  • 66 Replies
Whenever I am with my mom. Sometimes I feel like she envies me if attention is off of her for a second and on me. It is so hard for me to say why I feel this, but I have to force myself to be brave because I am a soldier. I have to be tough to defend the defenseless because I used to be defenseless as a child. And feeling that, is scary.

I confronted my mom as an adult before I deployed to Afghanistan on my childhood abuse. I used to be seasoned to tuck my tail and run. I didn't know what was going to happen to me while I was there. Was I going to die? So I said "No more!" If I can go to a place where I have no clue what I will see and do, I should be able to tell her what I felt.

So I did.

We have a relationship and all but does she even want me to do well for myself? I feel that I have been blind my whole life. And now that I see, I feel ashamed of how I let her manipulate me for so long. I can't explain everything that I have been through. I know I need to get my thoughts out there so I can sleep.

Ask me anything. It may help me heal and do well and motivate me.
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imandia4
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Bump
imandia4
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Bump
imandia4
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 5:31 PM
And another one.
imandia4
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Ooh and another one.
imandia4
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Hey whats that? Another one.
imandia4
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 5:33 PM
3 moms liked this
lovin, is what I got! I said remember that!
hazel1922
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 5:34 PM
If its hard to confront her write it all out and have her sit down. Hand her the letter and let her read it. When she's done discuss the whole situation.
AlilKittyKat
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Quoting imandia4:

lovin, is what I got! I said remember that!

I love 'Sublime'

AlilKittyKat
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Getting it out in the open is the first step in the healing process.  Don't allow the past define your future, attack it head on.  Counseling can help you work through things, there is nothing wrong with that.  Maybe your mom would be willing to go with you to work on making your relationship stronger?!  Be well and Thank you for protecting and serving our country.    

Love and Light

=^..^=     

imandia4
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 5:47 PM
I already did that. I tell her how it is. But it feels like now we are past everything from the past and I feel that she still wants to out do me in life. I feel that she picks and chooses when to help me. So she doesn't look like the bad guy. I want to do it this way so I can get outside perspective. And maybe talk to someone who knows exactly how I am feeling so to shed some light on things.

Quoting hazel1922:

If its hard to confront her write it all out and have her sit down. Hand her the letter and let her read it. When she's done discuss the whole situation.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN