Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Toddler time

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 6:41 PM
  • 13 Replies
What type of activities do you do with your toddler during the day?
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChewyBrownies
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 6:43 PM

He looooves reading. But I try to keep him really entertained(on the days I don't have class and he doesn't have daycare). Today we baked brownies, read a few books, went to the park, played a flash card game and now we're getting ready for dinner.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 17, 2013 at 6:44 PM
It depends. Do I want to interact with her? Or, keep her busy and out of my hair? Lol.

When we play together, we do puzzles, play with the blocks, read, she gives me a check up, play ball, etc.

When I want to keep her busy, I let her "help" me cook, let her color, give her safety scissors and an old magazine. That kid will cut paper forever. Lol.
CelestialSong
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Read books, play with toys (especially her kitchen/food, blocks, and puzzles), color/draw, sing.. we just play, I guess, run around, tickle, be silly. When I need a break (frequently, I'm getting quite pregnant), she sits in my lap and watches YouTube videos while I Facebook or CM or whatever.

B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 6:47 PM

We read, play ball, practice words, numbers, Bible verses, etc. He also loves to climb and flip, so we go to the playground or, if it's raining, do gymnastics in the living room.

crumpy_gat
by No. on Sep. 17, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Look at books, color, play cars, watch Wiggles, sing

othermom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 7:06 PM

play together, go to the park, read

Isaacsmom913
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 7:08 PM

He gets 1 hour of either Finding Nemo or Robots when we get up.  He is not a morning person so we use the time to cuddle in our PJ's. 

On Monday's we go to reading hour at the library and then out to lunch.

The rest of the week we go for a walk to the park.  He LOVES to swing.  We read books-not every day, but we try!  He LOVES to take what he calls a rain shower (fill the tub a quarter full then let it rain w/the shower).  We watch Daddy's fish in the fish tank.  We play with cars.  Basically ever moves us at that moment.

MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 3:14 AM

go for a walk, go to the park, go swimming, play in the sand box, painting, coloring, clay time, bubbles, crafts. She loves to run errands with me.  She prefers to be out and about doing things than at home.

krissy920
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 3:15 AM

i take my daughter to an indoor play ground, or to the park, we watch  tv shows togther or color. Often we have snuggle times and read books too. I try to give her independant play time as well.

FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 3:21 AM
He likes to pretend, so sometimes he'll pretend to do things I do, like clean and cook or pretend to read. He also likes to pretend he's a puppy. He likes anything to do with animals, so we talk about animals, look at animal books and insect books, look for bugs and play with the dog and cats. We go to the zoo sometimes also. Sometimes we practice counting and now we are working on letters. Most of the time he does what I call "deedling." It's impossible to describe, but you know it when you see it, lol. It usually involves climbing stuff, running in circles and trying to poke people with sticks.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)