Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

UPDATE I laugh when people say being a SAHM is the hardest job ever!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 267 Replies
9 moms liked this

I mean seriously!

I can wear pj's all day if I want to. I don 't have to look nice. If I don't feel well, well then things don't get done that day. It's really no big deal. I can nap when my kids take a nap. My husband lets me go get my hair and nails done on a regular basis. I just don't get it. It's not that hard. It's not like I'm out mining for coal or deploying or fighting fires. Those jobs are a lot harder than mine. I get to hang out with my kids all day every day. That is the easiest job to me. 

OH MY GOSH!!!!

BAHAHAHAHA!

Y'all got your panties in a twist over this post! I'm sorry ladies, I don't care what your circumstances are it is NOT the hardest job in the world! It's just not. I never once said it wasn't hard but please don't try to act like a bunch of martyrs because you take care of your spawn. 

Also, as far as my husband "letting me" do anything I meant it as he encourages me to take time for myself, he takes care of the home and the kids with zero resolutions, and doesn't care what I do as long as I'm happy. NOT an attitude I see around here from significant others all that often and I am very grateful for him! I apologize for not wording it correctly. I thought you would know what I meant.

Carry on.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 17, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HumanBeing
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 8:54 PM
I agree!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 17, 2013 at 8:54 PM
7 moms liked this
Good for you. Here's a biscuit.
i_am_no_1
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 8:55 PM
3 moms liked this

Not everyone has it so good.

I think the reason that's said most of the time, is because you don't get to rest when you are sick and things like that.

Annettey19
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 8:55 PM
3 moms liked this

I think many people belittle it too much, but I agree it isn't the hardest job ever by far. Flight traffic controllers have things quite a bit more stressful I think...

areles
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 8:56 PM
13 moms liked this

i think the 'my husband lets me' is the part that turns a lot of us off.

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Sep. 17, 2013 at 8:56 PM
4 moms liked this

Well, considering I haven't walked in everyone's shoes and know what their life is like, I don't laugh. That being said, MOST DAYS, being a CNA was a lot harder than being a SAHM. There are days though that I do hide under my bed. Seriously.

.PinkHart.
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I am a sahm with kids in school all day...so yeah it isn't hard at all lol
crescentstar2
by Anne on Sep. 17, 2013 at 8:56 PM
6 moms liked this
*eats Bon Bons*
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 17, 2013 at 8:56 PM
I would love to do it if I had plenty of money to do what I wanted
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Sep. 17, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Lol, it's not the easiest, that's for sure! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)