Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm not the sharpest but I felt like he was being inappropriate. Was I right?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I deleted my friend of 20 years from fb. He was a high school friend wich I briefly dated when I was 15. We've never had anything between us after, but remained friends. After I got married he seemed to try to push the limits of appropriate I think? For instance.

When I would see he was going through a hard time I'd message him asking if he's doing ok, and he would reply jokingly "Whats up doll-you still married?" I told him to please not joke about my marriage and he just said "what you guys can't take a joke?" 

Or when I post something that shows I'm irritated he replies with things like "I like it when you're fiesty"

Is it just me or has he been disrespecting the fact that I'm married? I deleted him, just want to make sure my intuition was correct, or maybe I was being too sensitive?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:07 AM
Replies (11-20):
dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:18 AM

fuck giving advice. you have snowflakes to make.

i cant find the scissors anymore. :o(

Quoting hautemama83:

Sounds like hes a jokester. No big deal imo.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:19 AM

After rather thn texting me he deided to let me know he knows my home phone number(wich I didn't give to him) and sent me a text to my landline that just said "goodbye" I think he was trying to creep me out.

RhondaJ
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:20 AM

Its probably just his personality and how he is.  If you told him it bothered you and he kept it up, then you did the right thing.  He was making you uncomfortable and thats all the reason you need.

Shy_Dia
by Ruby Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:20 AM

hmm... thats hard. i have a guy friend who is the BIGGEST flirt ever. i think its a disease on how much he's gotta flirt... but thats just who he is. with some females, i know it annoys them, or it makes them uncomfortable. others- they just take it as a grain of salt.

the marriage question-- i would've been like 'ah well, ya know how it goes. he's a keeper. lol'

the fiesty thing.. hmm... i'm not sure. lol maybe just ignored that?

but point is, YOU arent comfortable with it, so i support with your decision to delete him

NBean311
by Chivette on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:21 AM

If it made you uncomfortable, that is all that matters. A real friend would've respected your requests to quit joking in that manner. 

got2monsters
by Ruby Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:23 AM
I'd've deleted him too.
mhaney03
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:24 AM
Ive deleted for similar reasons
xtashax
by Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I hate having to remind people I am in a relationship. My boyfriend deleted his due to this happening too much. Some guys take being nice and being interested the wrong way. You were right and you are good for doing it. There is no need for anyone no matter how "secure" or "amazing" their relationship is with thier SO to even put themselves and their relationships in situations like that. Good for you for doing it. 

bjw_053109
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:26 AM
Ditto

Quoting got2monsters:

I'd've deleted him too.

chicklopez
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:28 AM

He probably thinks he can get away with more now that you're married. Like, well, if you read too much into it it's a way of wanting to be with him. Cut people like that out. You did the right thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN