Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm not the sharpest but I felt like he was being inappropriate. Was I right?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I deleted my friend of 20 years from fb. He was a high school friend wich I briefly dated when I was 15. We've never had anything between us after, but remained friends. After I got married he seemed to try to push the limits of appropriate I think? For instance.

When I would see he was going through a hard time I'd message him asking if he's doing ok, and he would reply jokingly "Whats up doll-you still married?" I told him to please not joke about my marriage and he just said "what you guys can't take a joke?" 

Or when I post something that shows I'm irritated he replies with things like "I like it when you're fiesty"

Is it just me or has he been disrespecting the fact that I'm married? I deleted him, just want to make sure my intuition was correct, or maybe I was being too sensitive?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:07 AM
Replies (21-30):
laineysmum
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Even if the guy isn't a creeper and is like in love with her or something and would never cross a line but can't help but joke, she's putting herself in an awkward position as far as her husband is concerned. If some chick was calling my husband "feisty" and asking if we were still married on FB, I'd be fucking livid. Add the fact that they used to date? OHHHHH HERE GO HELL COME. 

Quoting mrsrodgers0703:

Yeah, I honestly think he was just joking around with you. He didn't say anything sexual or vulgar.. Just a joke. That's just my opinion though.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have been married less than a year if that matters.

Quoting mrsrodgers0703:

I don't think the 'are you still married' thing was that big of a deal. It sounds like he was honestly joking.

Everyone's welcome on the Island..
Bring your sharpest wit and best googling skills to the Debate Forum 
Join the fitness challenge in Workin on My Fitness!

Luv_my_hubby
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:31 AM

I actually have my ex fiance (we were High school friends long before we dated)on FB and at times he will cross the line. I just flat tell him to knock it off. I don't appreciate it and neither does my DH. He usually apologizes right away. He will behave for awhile. I know that he normally takes things too far and needs to be reminded.

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:32 AM
Lmao

Hey I am a master multi-tasker at worthless bullshit. I can give advice and make snowflakes in September all day long.

Now go find some scissors....

Quoting dmarie2101:

fuck giving advice. you have snowflakes to make.

i cant find the scissors anymore. :o(

Quoting hautemama83:

Sounds like hes a jokester. No big deal imo.

laineysmum
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:32 AM

A text to your landline? 

Troll fail. 

Quoting Anonymous:

After rather thn texting me he deided to let me know he knows my home phone number(wich I didn't give to him) and sent me a text to my landline that just said "goodbye" I think he was trying to creep me out.

Everyone's welcome on the Island..
Bring your sharpest wit and best googling skills to the Debate Forum 
Join the fitness challenge in Workin on My Fitness!

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:33 AM
A wee uptight eh

Quoting Anonymous:

I asked him to respect the fact that I don't care for that kind of joking,

Quoting hautemama83:

Sounds like hes a jokester. No big deal imo.

DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:35 AM
It wouldn't bother me. Then again, I've been married 11 years and I'm a very flirtatious person. Hopefully nobody takes it offensively.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:36 AM
he sounds annoying. you did the right thing.
mrsrodgers0703
by Ruby Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 2:00 AM
I agree the feisty comment was inappropriate. I also saw later on where she said that she asked him to stop. Op, if you asked him to stop making those jokes and he continued, then I would delete him. He should respect your wishes. I do think the 'still married' thing was innocent. Idk though, just my opinion.

Quoting laineysmum:

Even if the guy isn't a creeper and is like in love with her or something and would never cross a line but can't help but joke, she's putting herself in an awkward position as far as her husband is concerned. If some chick was calling my husband "feisty" and asking if we were still married on FB, I'd be fucking livid. Add the fact that they used to date? OHHHHH HERE GO HELL COME. 

Quoting mrsrodgers0703:

Yeah, I honestly think he was just joking around with you. He didn't say anything sexual or vulgar.. Just a joke. That's just my opinion though.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mrsrodgers0703:

I don't think the 'are you still married' thing was that big of a deal. It sounds like he was honestly joking.

laineysmum
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 2:29 AM

I completely agree that all of his intentions were probably totally innocent :) IMO OP is saving herself unneccesary drama by deleting him after he refused to tone down the "LOLs"

Quoting mrsrodgers0703:

I agree the feisty comment was inappropriate. I also saw later on where she said that she asked him to stop. Op, if you asked him to stop making those jokes and he continued, then I would delete him. He should respect your wishes. I do think the 'still married' thing was innocent. Idk though, just my opinion.

Quoting laineysmum:

Quoting mrsrodgers0703:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mrsrodgers0703:

rachel_35
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 2:49 AM
Neither one of those examples says anything sexual. I think he was just joking. But if you felt ot was right then it was right.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)