Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm not the sharpest but I felt like he was being inappropriate. Was I right?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I deleted my friend of 20 years from fb. He was a high school friend wich I briefly dated when I was 15. We've never had anything between us after, but remained friends. After I got married he seemed to try to push the limits of appropriate I think? For instance.

When I would see he was going through a hard time I'd message him asking if he's doing ok, and he would reply jokingly "Whats up doll-you still married?" I told him to please not joke about my marriage and he just said "what you guys can't take a joke?" 

Or when I post something that shows I'm irritated he replies with things like "I like it when you're fiesty"

Is it just me or has he been disrespecting the fact that I'm married? I deleted him, just want to make sure my intuition was correct, or maybe I was being too sensitive?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:07 AM
Replies (31-38):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 18, 2013 at 3:06 AM
I think you were being too sensitive but it's your life. Be friends with whoever you choose to.
SinaiJ
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 3:11 AM

I think he was being flirty, not necessarily disrespecting your marriage. But since you're uncomfortable with his words, then good on you :o)

krissy920
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 3:17 AM

i dont know, none of my  male friends post creepy stuff like that.. even when they are joking.

Princess_s21
by Sarah on Sep. 18, 2013 at 3:37 AM

If it makes you uncomfortable, you did the right thing, you did tell him you didnt appreciate it, and he continued, so that part to me is the disrespectful part, not the things he actually said.

ninjakids
by Christina on Sep. 18, 2013 at 3:39 AM
It all sounds normal to me. Especially with my close male friends we go back and forth with those comments
lexiloo714
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 3:42 AM
I'd be uncomfortable. I always tell SO right away if something like that happens. For example, a coworker messaged me the other day saying he likes how I look in yoga pants. I didn't respond and told SO (everyone at work knows my SO and that we just had our baby) but he didn't seem to care at all. I thought it was really creepy and it made me uncomfortable.
stickyfingers
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 3:45 AM
I understand what you mean. And yes you need to protect you marriage. I think he was making a joke and testing the water so to speak...
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 18, 2013 at 4:08 AM

To me he just sounds immature, like a prepubescent boy who jokes about nothing but bodily functions and sex all day. Either that or he's the dude from The Wedding Singer, "That's grade A top choice meat".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)