Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

she is 10 and wants to shave???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
My daughter just turned 10 and she wants to start shaving her legs! I don't remember how old I was when I started but I think I was older. She had pretty hairy legs no armpit hair or nothing. I just don't know if I should let her I think its to early. How old were you when you started shaving? Or how old were your daughters?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 18, 2013 at 2:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AshletD
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 2:10 AM
I started shaving at 11.
PoisonEyeV
by _ on Sep. 18, 2013 at 2:11 AM

I plan on letting my girls shave when they ask me to. Be glad she's asking when I was her age, actually I was about 11, I stole a razor and shaving gel and did it on my own. I had cuts like crazy and my mom was kind of angry with me. She's not too young and it shouldn't be a big deal. Teach her the proper way and teach her safety and let her shave. 

I think it has a lot to do (with some parents) that they just don't want to see their kids grow up. Shaving is a grown up thing. But if it will make her happy, let her. Like I said, be glad she's asking you. She's obviously comfortable with it.

da_nica
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 2:11 AM
I think that is still.too young .. I wasnt allowed to.shave til i was in jr high..!! ..
LiDoMama
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 2:11 AM

I think I was 11. It was right before I started getting periods. My mom insisted I do it because I was a hairy little kid. 

xredstarsx
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 2:12 AM
If she's asking then its time. She might be getting teased. It's better than walking in to a blood covered bathroom after she tried herself. I scared the shit out of my mom by doing that. I was also 10. I did it rarely back then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
neveragain17
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 2:12 AM
Me 11, and my daughter 11
csxt99
by Jennifer on Sep. 18, 2013 at 2:13 AM

I was 11 and in the sixth grade.  My oldest girl was the same age.  My youngest girl was ten and in the fifth grade. It was young, but the hair on her legs turned very black at that age, and it bothered her a great deal.  She shaved, then told me that she had something to tell me, but she didn't want me to get mad.  I wasn't.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 18, 2013 at 2:13 AM

I just had my daughter "shave" for the first time 2 weeks ago- she's almost 12. We started off with nair, and a  plastic tool that looks like a razor to scrape the nair & hair off.

She would have been fine waiting, but I know it'll come up at school if she doesn't.

LovlyRita
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 2:13 AM
My daughter is 10 and she has a few friends that shave their legs. They tend to be the hairier girls. I told mine I'd teach her and she declined. She said in the health class last Spring the teacher said they were too young to shave.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 18, 2013 at 2:15 AM
My dd is 9 and I just started shaving her underarms. It's summer and she couldn't wear anything without hair showing. I felt it kinda young but what else to do?

If she had hairy legs and asked to shave I would.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)