Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pageant pics! Then and now :)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

Left is dd when she first started doing pageants and the picture on the right is fairly recent. I love looking at how much she has changed! Not just her looks but how she carries herself :)

My other daughter is also in pageants so I'll post a set of her in the replies!
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 18, 2013 at 2:43 AM
Replies (11-20):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 18, 2013 at 2:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 18, 2013 at 2:59 AM

I do not like pageants, to me it is just a way to sexualise young girls in an "ok" way. No, it is beyond grotesque, let them be little girls, wipe that gunk off her face, let her play.

Princess_s21
by Sarah on Sep. 18, 2013 at 3:06 AM

I must preface this by being totally honest, I can not stand pageants!!!!!!!!

Although having said that, they are beautiful girls, and your oldest daughter is still quite natural looking compared to many pageant girls, I hope it stays that way as she really doesnt need all the over the top stuff as she is naturally pretty, and love the hair cut.

MomOf3AngelBabe
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 3:12 AM

This!

Your girls are adorable!

I live in Colorado so pageants here...yeah...not so much after Jon Benet. ;( But I think a LOT can be said for parents who are actively involved for their CHILDRENS sake, not their own. And your girls dont look like they are covered in make-up with fake breasts and all. 

VERY cute! ;)

Quoting BeaTx:

Awww...they are beautiful. I was actually thinking the exact opposite of what pp said. She looks so natural compared to the usual pageant look. I think people just have an automatic bad reaction to pageants now.

crumpy_gat
by No. on Sep. 18, 2013 at 3:14 AM
This won't end well
krissy920
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 3:16 AM

you have ebautiful girls, do they win often? Whats the highest title/prize they have won? What do you  spend per outfit per pagent usually?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 18, 2013 at 3:44 AM

Quoting MomOf3AngelBabe:

This!

Your girls are adorable!

I live in Colorado so pageants here...yeah...not so much after Jon Benet. ;( But I think a LOT can be said for parents who are actively involved for their CHILDRENS sake, not their own. And your girls dont look like they are covered in make-up with fake breasts and all. 

VERY cute! ;)

Quoting BeaTx:

Awww...they are beautiful. I was actually thinking the exact opposite of what pp said. She looks so natural compared to the usual pageant look. I think people just have an automatic bad reaction to pageants now.

For their childrens sake? Pageants? You've obviously not watched the pageant mothers from hell who put their daughters through even more hell trying to relive their lives through their daughters. It's obscene what pageant mothers spend on their kids outfits & even more obscene that they don't seem to give a crap they're spending their husbands money faster than he can make it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 18, 2013 at 3:48 AM
Try national American miss pageants. It's not really based on beauty. It also teaches the girls interview techniques. No makeup on kids under 16.

Quoting rachel_35:

How old is your DDs? They are very pretty. My youngest dd wants to do pageants. I am just to scared to put her in.

Toonkasmommy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 3:49 AM
They are so cute!!
MomOf3AngelBabe
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 3:51 AM

When I said that, I mean that they are pulling a Patsy Ramsey living the pageant life through their kids.

Im not assuming anything about the mom who posted. IDK if she works for her kids outfits...I dont see that the outfits posted here are ridiculous or how they could be insanely expensive. Im not going to say this mom does any of those things because I dont see evidence of it in the pics.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MomOf3AngelBabe:

This!

Your girls are adorable!

VERY cute! ;)

Quoting BeaTx:

For their childrens sake? Pageants? You've obviously not watched the pageant mothers from hell who put their daughters through even more hell trying to relive their lives through their daughters. It's obscene what pageant mothers spend on their kids outfits & even more obscene that they don't seem to give a crap they're spending their husbands money faster than he can make it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)