Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Kids tying shoes

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies

I wanted to respond to many posts in that thread about the teacher not wanting to tie the kids shoes but I was getting too angry at some of the responses.  I mean, how hard is it to teach your own child to do something they need to be able to do?  My kids all knew how to tie their shoes, button and zip their own clothes, change their clothes, go potty and wipe correctly before pre-k because I got off my butt and worked with them.  Some days we would make a game of it and get out all their clothes and see who could change clothes the fastest, same with shoe tying.  Heck, they even know their abc's and how to write their own names and everything!  And I am a working mom that has my sister watch the kids so no, they did not learn it in daycare and I did not just have time to sit at home all day to teach them so that is no excuse.  I would volunteer at their school when they would start out and was pathetic how many kids in my kids classes did not know these basic things.  What do you moms do all day?  I can understand delayed children now knowing these things, so don't come on here and be like, well my kid is autistic and they can't do those things and probably never will.  I don't mean you obviously.  I mean the parents that let the tv babysit the kids all day while they sit on the computer or play on their phones.  And those that are going to come on and be like, oh look, it is the perfect mommy here to judge us...yes, I mean you.  Don't get defensive about it, do something about it.  

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 18, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:01 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)