Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My DS doesnt want to play football this year

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 106 Replies
We have always been a football family, DS has played since he was a kid. And now he just entered his senior year of HS after being the star quarterback the other three years of school and he lied to me about going to practice over the summer and signing up. I didnt know until his coach called me and said they really wanted him to play. So i finally asked DS what hes been doing since he isnt going to practice. He met a girl..... I guess he thought that we would love her shes quiet, sorta awkward and wears black all the time. I dont think she is good for my son. And he was saying how shes a good girl and she gets good grades. But she is NOTHING like his exs who were all pretty much cheerleaders, This girls changing my son and i dont like it. I know my son will hate me and continue to see her if i tell him he cant. But i really dont want them together. How would i go about getting him to go back out with his ex he practically left to see this new girl? She was beautiful, not awkward and still got good grades but didnt bribe him to lie to me about not playing football and instead cheered him on! Is there really anyway or should i just watch my son spiral down with this dark haired, black clothed wearing, fat girl?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 18, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 18, 2013 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this
o_O

This post is crazy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 18, 2013 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Is this about your son & football or your son & his choice of dates?
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 18, 2013 at 2:10 PM
6 moms liked this

You can't get your son to go back out with his ex. Sounds like he is going down a new path. As long as he isn't skipping school and doing drugs you cannot force him to be what YOU want him to be.

UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Let him make his own decisions. He's not using drugs, stealing cars or knocking over liquor stores, so just back off a bit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 18, 2013 at 2:11 PM

I dont really care about the football its his choice but the girl. i dont like 

Quoting Anonymous:

Is this about your son & football or your son & his choice of dates?

firespurity
by Ruby Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Or embrace this girl because your son actually cases about her. Tell him there is no need to give up other interests just because he is seeing her. Get him back in practice and allow him some time outside of football to spend with her. Encourage him to bring her to dinner.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 18, 2013 at 2:12 PM
5 moms liked this

Bat Shit Crazy seems to be the "theme of the day" in here, LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 18, 2013 at 2:12 PM

He might as well be this girl is almost that bad. 

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

You can't get your son to go back out with his ex. Sounds like he is going down a new path. As long as he isn't skipping school and doing drugs you cannot force him to be what YOU want him to be.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 18, 2013 at 2:13 PM

I dont want to get to know this girl. Who wears black all the time unless there in some type of cult or weird dark magic crap. 

Quoting firespurity:

Or embrace this girl because your son actually cases about her. Tell him there is no need to give up other interests just because he is seeing her. Get him back in practice and allow him some time outside of football to spend with her. Encourage him to bring her to dinner.

HeartOnFire2013
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 2:14 PM
2 moms liked this

You need to let you DS make his own choices.  You can't make him play football, you can't choose his girlfriends, and there is a reason all of the cheerleaders are EXs.  Maybe he is finding that he is really into dark haired, black clothed wearing, fat girls?  Could be a LOT worse, believe me.

Just my opinion.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN