Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The school janitor pushed my son edit, edit 2 update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 214 Replies
1 mom liked this

I went to pick my ds up today and i spoke with him and the vice principal. My ds has adhd and ODD. He was very fidgety today in class. The  teacher asked him to leave the class and he didn't want too. but he finally did but was upset. SO he did what he is suppose to do when he is upset, go to his safe zone. which is the vice principal office. As he walked by the janitor office, there was a little wooden chair sitting outside and my ds shoved it. The janitor saw him and say hey boy, go put that back. My ds kept on walking. The janitor walked up to my ds grabbed him and pushed him. 

My ds got away  from him and went on to his safe zone, and he told the vice principal what happened. I went to pick him up and he told me what happen and when the vice principal was done with her meeting she told me what ds had told her. She is very upset about this and I am as well.  She is going to look to see if there are camera in that area, if there are then she will be watching it and will get back with me. If not, she don't know how we can handle this because it is my ds word against his. 

He should have NEVER put his hands on my son. I don't even know if i should tell dh because i don't want dh going to the school. 

edit:

let me make a few things clear. I am not looking for sympathy by adding his disorders. I added them knowing that everyone would judge but it was to explain why my child was ask to leave the class. When he get fidgety or gets upset he is asked to leave the classroom to get control back. 

My ds in in5th grade and is 4 ft3 and weight 60lbs. He shoved the chair, he didn't throw it or push it over, just moved it when he shoved it.

My ds wouldn't have been in trouble for anything he was headed to his safe zone, so he has no reason to try to get someone in trouble. 

I am not saying that it did or didn't happen, i am waiting to  the the video to make a decision. if he did push my ds i will go to the school board.

We did talk to my child about this issues and he knows if he is lying there will be consquences at school and home for lying.  He doesn't have a history of lying. He may have ODD but he is open and honest. 

We did talk to him about his behavior about shoving the chair. That is another reason why i don't think he is lying because by telling us, he told on himself, the janitor never said anything about what happen, it was all my ds talking about it. 

My ds isn't and asshole as some of your bitches want to put it. He has a disorder who myself and the school is working on helping him to get control. so for all you who say that you can kiss my fucking ass.

I really can't believe how so many of you are ok with a grown ass man putting his hand on a child who is only 4 feet tall. I bet if it were your kids you would have a different  opinion. 

edit2:

I will not be visiting this post again until i get the info from the school about the video. For the ones who were actually concerned about what happen.  I will update after i found out anything.  thanks again for your understand. for the rest of you, go troll somewheres else.

update:

well apparently there isn't any camera in the area that that this incident happened. there really isn't much that can be done at this point because where it happen just happen to be out of the camera view. If it would have happen within 5ft it would have been in the camera view. So now it is my ds word against the word of the janitor.  I don't know how my dh is going to react to this. I was able to get him to not go to the school but i don't know about now.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 18, 2013 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lenashark
by Ruby Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 4:30 PM
5 moms liked this

What do you mean by pushed him? As in he just put his hand on his shoulder and was guiding him back to the stool to fix it or as in he shoved him to try to make him fall down. The first, I honestly wouldn't be angry with the janitor about, considering what your son did first, the second I would have a talk to the school about. The man shouldn't be pushing him since he could have hurt him and I would handle that with the school, but I also would have a talk with my son about respect and how rudely he behaved to the man and that hes not innocent in the situation either.

RoxStetz
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 4:32 PM
This exactly

Quoting lenashark:

What do you mean by pushed him? As in he just put his hand on his shoulder and was guiding him back to the stool to fix it or as in he shoved him to try to make him fall down. The first, I honestly wouldn't be angry with the janitor about, considering what your son did first, the second I would have a talk to the school about. The man shouldn't be pushing him since he could have hurt him and I would handle that with the school, but I also would have a talk with my son about respect and how rudely he behaved to the man and that hes not innocent in the situation either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 18, 2013 at 4:36 PM
3 moms liked this

he's probably sick of bratty kids making messes he has to clean up. he had no right to touch your kid, but how do you know he even did it? maybe your son is exaggerating? does he have a history of being honest or not?

Suzy_Sunshine
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Something is wrong with you.

Stop worrying about imagined problems and focus on FIXING YOUR KID.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 18, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Your HS kid through a chair and the janitor corrected him. Sounds like you need to focus more on your sons behavior.

cutebaby06
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 4:39 PM

I agree 100%.

Quoting Anonymous:

he's probably sick of bratty kids making messes he has to clean up. he had no right to touch your kid, but how do you know he even did it? maybe your son is exaggerating? does he have a history of being honest or not?

KenneMaw
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 4:40 PM

My question is the same - does your son exaggerate or try to wiggle out of getting in trouble?  Is it common for your son to act out like this ?  I can see the janitor touching his arm or shoulder to stop him, but don't know why he would push a child or adult. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 18, 2013 at 4:40 PM

your kid is the one with the problems, stop looking for others to blame.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 18, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Could your son be exaggerating because he knows what he did was wrong?
landontsmama08
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Your son, a child,  misbehaved. The janitor, who is an adult, corrected him. End of story.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN