Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WWYD?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies

Poll

Question: WWYD?

Options:

Get it put back in and try again?

Get the ablation surgery?

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 21

View Results

I had a Mirena IUD put in 3 weeks to try to help my irregular periods that fell out a couple days ago. I didn't have any horrid cramping problems with it but I did bleed for over 2 weeks afterward and it cut my Dh pretty good during sex and was cutting my insides up (the end of the strings are sharp). I am thinking I don't want it put back in and just go ahead and get the ablation surgery. My doctor really doesn't want to do the surgery cause of my age (27) and doesn't believe it will work but I don't want it put back in and I don't want to be on any more hormons (which she thinks is the only way to fix it).

So if this was you What Would You DO?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 18, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 18, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Get a second opinion
amberbamber0213
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 6:58 PM
My Iud did the same thing. The strings do soften up after awhile. And u do go back to normal but it took me a good 4-6 months for my body to adjust. It sounds like either your of put it in wrong or your body rejects it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 18, 2013 at 6:59 PM

I am at a military hospital, I get what they give me and don't let you get second opinions.

Quoting Anonymous:

Get a second opinion

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Ya doesn't seam like something that I want to wait 6 months for strings to soften up lol. Thanks for your reply :-)

Quoting amberbamber0213:

My Iud did the same thing. The strings do soften up after awhile. And u do go back to normal but it took me a good 4-6 months for my body to adjust. It sounds like either your of put it in wrong or your body rejects it.

Seagodess
by Ruby Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:06 PM
The stings soften up, it just takes a while. Ask them to cut them shorter.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I had that in for 2 years. It caused bladder problems. I had to have surgery to remove it. I had holes in my bladder from it. It caused cancer to form on my uterus
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:10 PM
2 moms liked this
I call BS on this. Military hospitals have no problem with second opinion. Call tricare and have them change your pcm to a civilian if you dislike the military doctors. If you talk to the tricare offices on post they can change pcm for you and it takes effect within 24 hours, you should try that if you are having issue with your current providers.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am at a military hospital, I get what they give me and don't let you get second opinions.

Quoting Anonymous:

Get a second opinion

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:13 PM
My mirena perforated my uterus and I had to have emergency surgery to remove it. They found it by my lung.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:13 PM

OK i might ask about it but still.... would you get it again or would you get the ablation?

Quoting Anonymous:

I call BS on this. Military hospitals have no problem with second opinion. Call tricare and have them change your pcm to a civilian if you dislike the military doctors. If you talk to the tricare offices on post they can change pcm for you and it takes effect within 24 hours, you should try that if you are having issue with your current providers.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Get a second opinion

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:14 PM

thats scary!

Quoting Anonymous:

My mirena perforated my uterus and I had to have emergency surgery to remove it. They found it by my lung.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN