Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

An exotic pet? LOL we have people down the road with one and it is obnoxious, and there is a rule for no exotic pets.... Just wondering.

Happy Fall!!!!

by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Replies (11-20):
nemo258
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Farm animal
tardistraveller
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:41 PM

No, it's considered a farm animal by most by-laws.

Corina1987
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:41 PM
It would be sad for the family to get rid of their pet if you complained.
thefiregoddess
by Optimus Prime on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:42 PM
Depends. We can have roosters here but if they crow after 10pm or before 7am they have to shut it up, bring it inside or get rid of it.

I've called the cops more than once, they bring it inside.

Everyone hates this fucking rooster.. I'm hoping they will Make it a roaster at the end of season.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:43 PM

eye rolling

It's a chicken, not a car alarm going off. Close your window if you are that sensitive to it. It is a LOT quieter than a lot of things. Luckily, I live in a right to farm area where yuppies like you can't get farmers to get rid of their necessary animals.

NeverTooMany
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:48 PM

LOL, I prefer farm life, BUT this rooster that I speak of is in a military community and crows all hours of the night. DH has to be up at 3-4 AM each morning. It is VERY loud... my windows are always closed at night. It is disturbing normal living. Why does a family of 5 in a subdivided naighborhood need a rooster? It doesn't provide anything.... SOOOO????

Quoting Anonymous:

eye rolling

It's a chicken, not a car alarm going off. Close your window if you are that sensitive to it. It is a LOT quieter than a lot of things. Luckily, I live in a right to farm area where yuppies like you can't get farmers to get rid of their necessary animals.

Happy Fall!!!!

NeverTooMany
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:50 PM

LMAO...their pet rooster in a subdivided neighborhood, that is stuck in a cage outside 24/7???? VERY SAD... Military families here have VERY EARLY work days like 4 or 5 AM. There is now only us and two other families left in this neighborhood... which makes it that much louder... there is nothing to go through.

Quoting Corina1987:

Happy Fall!!!!

Corina1987
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:55 PM
The rooster most likely could end up put to death otherwise. I would leave it alone.

Quoting NeverTooMany:

LMAO...their pet rooster in a subdivided neighborhood, that is stuck in a cage outside 24/7???? VERY SAD... Military families here have VERY EARLY work days like 4 or 5 AM. There is now only us and two other families left in this neighborhood... which makes it that much louder... there is nothing to go through.

Quoting Corina1987:

NeverTooMany
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this

We are in the sticks... there is a farm on each side, they can easily drop it off.

Quoting Corina1987:

The rooster most likely could end up put to death otherwise. I would leave it alone.

Quoting NeverTooMany:

Quoting Corina1987:

Happy Fall!!!!

LuLu_Mama35
by Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Some roosters can be exotic breeds/pets.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured