Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who the hell gets SCABIES?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 70 Replies
Open our kindergarteners home folder and see a letter that someone in his class has/had scabies and so our son was exposed. I was at school with him Monday and there was a kid with a rash all over him, almost looked like chickenpox but no blisters. I thought it was mosquitos so I asked if he got bit badly (I just saw a boy in the nurses office covered similar like that from mosquitos) and he says "no, I just don't feel good". First, who sends their kid with a RASH to school?! Second, I'm positive now he is who had scabies and I directly worked with him. Ugh. And thirdly, who gets scabies nowadays?! Why is it making such a comeback?! Until recently, I never heard of anyone outside my husbands prison (he's a CO) dealing with scabies.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kermitthemom23
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:10 PM
I got them from asleep over when I was a kid just once.
So far pest free on my kids thank god
crazymom21
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:12 PM
I would freak the f*** out if my kids got scabies. *shivers* I'd rather deal with lice. Atleast those bad boys don't burrow and poop under your skin. Poor kid!!
AMRios
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:12 PM

I agree with you! Why sends their kids to school like that??? That is gorss!!! Hope you and your family don't get it!

MamaTinie
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:15 PM

My brother actually got them from the carpet (supposly new) in an apartment that we lived in for a while. he would stretch out to watch T.V and one day was complaining of itch and rash, mom took him to Doc and we all had to be treated for Scabies. It was from the freeaking CARPET!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:15 PM
7 moms liked this
I send my 6 yo to school with a rash daily.. Judgemental women who make assumptions make me sick. In my sons case he suffers from severe Atopic Dermatis. He is under the care of his pediatrician.

You do not know if the kid you saw was the child.
nemo258
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:15 PM
My Mother in law has scabies right now and is under treatment. We refuse to visit. I hate that but we cant take the chance
codfish
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Perhaps the child had been camping and spent time in an old unused barn. You never know.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:17 PM
I got them when I was in elementry school and so did my whole family. It was so embarrassing
Susan0805
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Last year dd was sent a note home for exposure to lice (2 or 3 times), scabies, strep, flu, and hand/foot/mouth. She got strep and flu but thank God she didn't catch any bugs! *shudders*
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:19 PM
A good friend of mine had scabies about two years ago. She got them from work.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured