Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My daughter told the school I didn't feed her breakfast!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 216 Replies
1 mom liked this

When I picked up my daughter from school today she got in the car and told me that the school gave her some food this morning. I asked her why and she told me she went to the office and told them she had a tummy ache because she was hungry. They asked if her mommy fed her this morning and she told me she said "I dont think so." Then she said they started questioning her about this rash on her face (it's been there for month and wont go away but we have been to the doctor twice about it) and she told me that she told them "Mommy used to put cream on it but she doesn't anymore". I'm sure that made me look really bad! The reason we stopped putting the cream on it is because it wasn't helping and the doctor said we should take a short break from the cream to see if the moisture was making it worse.

I called the office and told tham that she did indeed eat and that I was on top of her rash and I said, "I'm sure that looked really bad and I wanted to make sure you had the story straight." She promised it was no big deal and didn't reflect badly on me but I'm still worried the school may think I'm not taking care of my kid. I also told them if they everhad any questions about her rash or anything else that they could call me about it since a 1st grader's story is sometimes off. Do you think that it looks bad to the school, is there anything else I should do?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SyllabaryBisque
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:30 PM
3 moms liked this

Why did she answer "I don't think so" if she was fed breakfast?

***Question has been answered. Thanks! :)

Kyndall30
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:32 PM
3 moms liked this
Yes.....tell your daughter to be truthful. If you gave her breakfast, why on earth would she answer "I don't think so" when asked if she'd been fed?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:34 PM
10 moms liked this

When my dd was in first grade she told her teacher I gave her chocolate ice cream with whipped cream and cherries and three chocolate bars for breakfast and that I never give her dinner.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:36 PM
2 moms liked this

She does this thing where she tries to get people to feel sorry for her by lying, like sometimes she'll come to me crying and say "Daddy put me in time out for no reason, he's so mean!" Then I'll ask him and come to find out she pushed down her little sister refused to say sorry or something.

Quoting SyllabaryBisque:

Why did she answer "I don't think so" if she was fed breakfast?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Did they believe her? What happened, did they call you? You'd think the least they could have done was call me to verify what happened before assuming she needed to eat, did I add that part? They actually got her a breakfast from the cafeteria! She ate plenty here and didn't even finish it because she said she was full!

Quoting Anonymous:

When my dd was in first grade she told her teacher I gave her chocolate ice cream with whipped cream and cherries and three chocolate bars for breakfast and that I never give her dinner.

Duckling007
by Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:40 PM
7 moms liked this

I wouldn't sweat it at all.  I used to be a school nurse before I became a SAHM taking care of my 4 month old! School staff know that kids are not the most reliable historians! You shouldn't feel bad at about anything momma! The fact that you care shows you are a good mom who does her job!

MomTo5Almost
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this
My son was 5 when he got a smoothie for breakfast. It had strawberries and a whole banana and Greek yogurt and kiwi and ice and apple juice in it. He loved it but went to school and said momma gave me a drink this morning but no food. So I got a call from the counselor asking if we wanted to see if we qualified for free breakfast and lunch. He was seriously under the impression my kid got a glass of water. I explained and he was ok with it but I was embarrassed!!!
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't have done anything. Kids make up stuff all the time.

Ms_mom_81
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this

you know, one of my kids did something similar. I think they said they didn't eat so they could eat again...

landontsmama08
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:42 PM
32 moms liked this

Ha! My son told his school that I have a coke habit. His school collects the coke lids and codes for money and stuff for the school. We were in the office dropping off some of the lids and the receptionist joked that I sure did love soda. My son then pipes up with this jewel, "That's because she has a coke habit!"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)