Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Normal behavior for a 6 year old?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies

I'm at the bus stop today waiting for my kids, and as my 6 year old son get's off the bus this little girl (who's his friend), was yelling she hated him.  I asked him what he did and he said he tried to kiss her on the cheek.  I asked him why and he said it was because he loved her because she's his friend.   I giggled, I thought it was cute, but told him not to do that anymore.  I told my husband and he starts freaking out that our kids can't watch tv anymore because it is sexualizing them in to thinking it's ok to start kissing people blah blah blah.  I feel like he's waaaaaaaaaaay overreacting about it.  I feel like this is normal behavior for a 6 year old boy, I mean, he was trying to kiss her on the cheek for crying out loud.  What do you think?  Do you agree with my husband that it was inappropriate behavior for a 6 year old or do you think it's a normal thing?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mesfilles
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Totally normal.
Kyndall30
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:39 PM
I'm with you, I think it is sweet. Your husband is grossly overreacting.
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:40 PM
4 moms liked this

I think it's normal but it is inappropriate. Your husband is overreacting. Tell him to stop expecting kisses from you since it's obviously giving your son ideas, lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Normal! kids will be kids!
cLanief
by Ruby Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:42 PM
Um your hubby crazy.
My son is 7 and has hugged amd kissed girls buy. But I don't think anyone from school. Lol
fiatpax
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:43 PM

got to give him a thumbs up for trying ;)

normal

he did not go for some tongue action

just a peak on the cheek

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Right?  If tv is giving him ideas then my husband and I should not even touch each other if the kids are around lol. 

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

I think it's normal but it is inappropriate. Your husband is overreacting. Tell him to stop expecting kisses from you since it's obviously giving your son ideas, lol.

fiatpax
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:44 PM

little boys (some) tried this thing when i was young

and when i was young brady bunch was bog, first tv program to show a married couple in bed together

been happening since the dawn of time

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:45 PM

I think that's so sweet and my son was/is the same way. He's 7 and a very huggy kissy guy.

ladyraven16
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Its normal for some kids. My son doesn't want anything to do with girls kissing or hugging etc but he's had girls trying to kiss him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)