Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

walmart screwed me over (shocker)

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:57 PM
  • 24 Replies
I purchased a futon on walmart online (probably my first mistake.) I went to pick it up in store and there was a huge hole in the box and a huge stain on the fabric. When I told them I wanted to get another one that wasn't jacked up they told me I HAD to take the futon with me. If I wanted to return it I had to personally cart it over to customer service and return it, then I could reorder it online. And no I couldn't order it at the sales price again.

It's a nice futon with good reviews for a good price, so I'd like to have it but at this point I'm feeling spiteful. I even spoke to a manager and she told me I'd have to so the same thing.

Any ideas on how I'd go about getting them to fix this? I'm willing to return it but I want them to reorder it for me at the sales price. Any idea how I can go about/ talk to the right people to make something happen?

***update: I called corporate and walmart online. The futon is still at the store where I refused to sign for it. It's COUCH size so I wasn't going to physically take it from the back of the store to customer service without help. Theyre having the store process the refund themselves. I'll have to reorder it but I'm set up to receive the sales price at that time. Thanks ladies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Were you wanting them to come pick it back up at your house?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:59 PM
4 moms liked this

Call and complain to corproate. They should be able to fix it.

MomOf3AngelBabe
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Corporate!

Im really good at this stuff. Call Corporate.

spastic_poodle
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:59 PM
No. It was store pickup. I was AT the store when I saw the mess.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Were you wanting them to come pick it back up at your house?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alchemist_Momma
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Call corporate on them. If it shipped that way, they are entitled to replace it for you for free. I worked at a Walmart for 2 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:00 PM
2 moms liked this
That's bull. You can exchange it for a new one and when your exchanging for the same item no money changes hands.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:00 PM

That's insane. they should have taken it back right then and there and gave you a refund.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:00 PM

I'd be like bitch I ordered it at this price you fucked up not me. Replace it

ladyluvbug03
by Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Call corporate. They can do more than they can store level. I'd let them know you want it exchanged and they are responsible for fixing this mess. Its one of those situations you have to jump heads
nemo258
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Corporate
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured