Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All pits bulls must be muzzled

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:18 PM
  • 108 Replies
1 mom liked this
So I just caught a little bit of the news. They were talking about "vicious" dogs and how they're weren't many registered in this city. I guess they have a law that requires owners of pitbulls to muzzle their dogs if they take them outside, build a 6 foot fence around their house, and when taking the dog on a leash the leash must be 6 ft long.
I honestly think that's ridiculous. Pit bulls will act violent if they are TAUGHT to.
Do you guys feel this is over kill? Why not make owners of every type of dog muzzle them in that city? Every type of dog has the potential to be aggressive and violent.
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:19 PM

That is how it is here. If they are outside they must be muzzled. We had a American bulldog and he had to be register as a pit. 

Ashley1113
by Ley on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this
That is NOWHERE near a pit. People's ignorance amazes me.

Quoting P.V.Hawkwind:

That is how it is here. If they are outside they must be muzzled. We had a American bulldog and he had to be register as a pit. 

periwinkle163
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:23 PM

It's better than a ban on them which some cities are turning to.

P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Yup, Someone called on us and Animal control came out and said that anything bulldog or looks like a pit must be register as a pit. 

Quoting Ashley1113:

That is NOWHERE near a pit. People's ignorance amazes me.

Quoting P.V.Hawkwind:

liveforever
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Thats a rule in my city. Pit bulls are actually banned now, but if you had one prior to the law being passed you could be grandfathered in. You have to have an insane amount of insurance and whenever you walk the dog it has to be muzzled. 

tyrelsmom
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Stupidity.
kailu1835
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:25 PM
3 moms liked this
Oh for crying out loud. Did you know most people can't even tell the difference between a pit and several other breeds?
cxoxo
by Savannahsmommy on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:25 PM
That's ridiculous. I wonder if it's because they're apart of the "bully breed"?

Quoting P.V.Hawkwind:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Speaking as a vet tech....Alot of breeds are more prone to violence than others but it's not just pits.....Dobies, rotties, Old english sheepdogs, just about any hunting dog......The trick is to keep them away from "triggers" or train the hell out of them.

P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Yes, that was the reason. Ugh...we were so mad! 

Quoting cxoxo:

That's ridiculous. I wonder if it's because they're apart of the "bully breed"?

Quoting P.V.Hawkwind:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured