Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What does your husband expect of you?

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:29 PM
  • 336 Replies
3 moms liked this

So I watch the Real Housewive's of New Jersey and I know that Melissa Gorga wrote a book about marriage. I read a few free excerpts on my phone --- Oh my, I'm so glad I never bought this book.

So she says her husband "expects certain things from her because this shows respect" 

Here are the certain things:

To be greeted at the door with a hug, kiss and a smile

A home-cooked dinner in a well-kept house with fresh and clean kids

Sex 3-5 times a week

She also said that she is "not some throwback desperate housewife who sits around all day in a ratty moomoo waiting for her husband to come home and validate her existance. On Housewives do you see me looking a wreck, hair a mess, bitching and moaning? No. Hey, I wax my mustace, I rock a Jimmy Choo"

Oh my lord...

Yes, every marriage is different and this is definatley NOT how my marriage works! We have respect for eachother but it's not because I dress up, keep the house clean or cook dinner or because dh takes out the trash or works his ass off at work. Our respect comes from how we treat eachother. But don't get me wrong - I appreciate how hard dh works and vice versa.

If I greeted my husband at the door he would be like, "What the hell are you doing"

Yeah I cook dinner but some nights he will say, "why bother cooking, let's go out somewhere"

The house is kept up and clean, the kids get bathed daily and have clean clothes but they are also kids who play outside and get dirty.  Dh and I are really organized people. While he does help out around the house,   I am a sahm with both kids out of the house until 4:00 M-F so I have no reason for it to be dirty or disorganized.

As for sex, well.. I can only do it 1 maybe 2 times a week. Thankfully I have a very understanding and patient husband who understands that I have a medical condition that affects me gynecologically and it can be painful and uncomfortable for me to do it more than once or twice a week.

Anyway - How does your marriage work?

by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tnt-manda
by Mandy Dandy on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:32 PM
9 moms liked this
He just loves me no strings attached. He hopes for sex though as often as he can get it.:-)
thetrollcat
by Meow on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:34 PM
37 moms liked this

mine expects me to have super powers

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:34 PM
2 moms liked this
While i do most of what she does, it is never expected of me.
supermama322
by Kaylee on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:34 PM
6 moms liked this
I greet dh at the door because I'm excited to see him. Lol
He has no expectations.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yodergirl
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Actually ny hubby doesn't expect anything from me. Like ok maybe taking.care of baby. But housewise nothing. Some days I don't do nuttin round the rouse and he doesnt care. I do everything around the house because I love him and I like keeping his house clean and cooking him good food and keeping his clothes clean. but he doesn't expect me to do it.
SlightlyPerfect
Chanting. "4 more weeks."
Monday at 8:14 PM
by Babushka Blockparty on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:35 PM
11 moms liked this

He expects me to be me. That's why he married me.

.Milfshake.
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:35 PM
9 moms liked this

Ugh. my husband doesn't expect anything from me, I am not his child, I am his partner, his soulmate and I am treated as such, he treats me like a queen 

LadyVoldemort
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:36 PM
This. All my husband expects from me is to not be a shitty wife

Quoting tnt-manda:He just loves me no strings attached. He hopes for sex though as often as he can get it.:-)
graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:36 PM
5 moms liked this
clean house, clean clothes, and dinner ready when he gets home. I even get up before him make his breakfast and lunch
exhaustedmother
by Amy on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband doesn't expect anything of me but I do all I can to please him, especially with sex, which is never an issue, we both live for it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)