Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Smoking moms

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:30 PM
  • 57 Replies
2 moms liked this

Have you tried the new vape's yet? 

If you have what do you think of them?

I personally love mine. I don't smell like smoke anymore, there is no second hand smoke, and I can smoke at my desk at work now and not lose hours. And it is pretty freaking tasty too.

by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Miss.MandyLynn
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:32 PM

i should try it.. lmfao i wonder how funny that looks like a kid playing pretend ;P

mamaclairbear
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:34 PM

It looks and feels really funny when you first start. I got a "double life" battery because I'm a bored smoker. But where I work they have become common place. I'm in a call center and do telemarketing so if we aren't on the phones we don't make money... And it's pretty stressful so most people smoke there. 

Quoting Miss.MandyLynn:

i should try it.. lmfao i wonder how funny that looks like a kid playing pretend ;P

Jabojoe
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Do you smoke menthols or non? Does it taste the same as your regular brand? How does the expense compare?
mamaclairbear
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM

There are a crap ton of flavors. I used to smoke Pall Mall Ultra Lights. For my first one I went with Carmel Mint Latte. The starter kit is $40.00. I got a double life battery, starter kit, and a lanyard and paid $56 and some change with tax and all. The liquid is refillable and for 10mL of liquid it's $10.00 and that lasts about a week. I was spending about $100 every 2 weeks on ciggs and now I'm spending about $20 every 2 weeks.

Quoting Jabojoe:

Do you smoke menthols or non? Does it taste the same as your regular brand? How does the expense compare?

Mtdewwid
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:49 PM
I tried one before and liked it. Recently I have been considering trying to switch to one completely. I worry about the effects of second and third hand smoke because of my kids. We're trying to completely stop smoking in the house. My question is, do you miss smoking regular cigarettes at all?
lexiloo714
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:49 PM
I'm going to get one with my first paycheck with being back at work. I only smoke one cigarette a day and haven't bought my own pack in ages, I just borrow from SO. But I'm sick of the smoke smell and I'd feel more comfortable about being around dd not even having the scent or residue on my clothes or skin or hair.
What brand did you get? I've pretty much only heard of blu

I think the hardest part will be not ashing. I know it's weird lol but I like obsessively ash the cigarette when I'm smoking it
threat
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this
My SO used to smoke a lot. He switched to e-cigs and loves it. He don't even think about smoking anymore. I love it and they smell so much better, plus I don't have to worry about my kids being exposed to the chemicals... even off his clothes.
mamaclairbear
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:56 PM

For the first day I kind of wanted a cig but more because it was "normal". After that this felt comfortable and I don't miss them at all. 

Quoting Mtdewwid:

I tried one before and liked it. Recently I have been considering trying to switch to one completely. I worry about the effects of second and third hand smoke because of my kids. We're trying to completely stop smoking in the house. My question is, do you miss smoking regular cigarettes at all?

AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:57 PM

I see people using those things all the time at work.  I go to say something to them and realize it's an e-cig LOL.

littlesheep
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:58 PM
No, I went from smoking to chewing like 6 months ago.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)