Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM is not better than Working Moms

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM
  • 256 Replies
4 moms liked this

I'm not getting the argument where a woman that stays home after last child finally enters kindergarden is more productive than a women that returns to work or goes to college....

If the kids are in school and you are working Part-time or in school part-time how is it that the working mom is really any less than a woman sitting home, in an empty house doing NOTHING?

by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:47 PM
I am a SAHM and though I don't think working moms are "better" I know I have it way easier than when I worked.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Working or not working I am better than you trollcat.lol 

thetrollcat
by Meow on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:49 PM
7 moms liked this

and for me I found being at home miserable and boring. I mean what kind of life is that you sit home clean day in and out? That is why we have things called careers. To find something you enjoy doing and get paid for it.

Quoting HIJKLM:

I am a SAHM and though I don't think working moms are "better" I know I have it way easier than when I worked.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:49 PM

lies. Im the best

Quoting Anonymolielieus:

Working or not working I am better than you trollcat.lol 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:49 PM
7 moms liked this
"Sarcasm queen" many of us like to stay home after our last child entered kinder, because we like to be involved in school and volunteer, plus many of us don't have to work! We have dh's who make plenty of money oh and many of us have degrees that we'll probably never use! So what....
SlightlyPerfect
Yesterday at 7:59 AM
by Babushka Blockparty on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Who the fuck sits in an empty house doing nothing?

EndlessMom
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:50 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't think either is better. I am a sahm but volunteer at the schools and keep very busy with it. Five schools keeps me very busy.

poietes
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:50 PM
3 moms liked this
And you care so much about what some one else does in their home because?
thetrollcat
by Meow on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:51 PM

mine makes enough I can stay home, I dont stay home and act like a compulsive nut job thinking my entire life revolves around kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

"Sarcasm queen" many of us like to stay home after our last child entered kinder, because we like to be involved in school and volunteer, plus many of us don't have to work! We have dh's who make plenty of money oh and many of us have degrees that we'll probably never use! So what....

Jacqalyn
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:51 PM
7 moms liked this
Neither is more better then the other. Each is doing what they feel is best for their child/ren. That's all that matters.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)