Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM is not better than Working Moms

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm not getting the argument where a woman that stays home after last child finally enters kindergarden is more productive than a women that returns to work or goes to college....

If the kids are in school and you are working Part-time or in school part-time how is it that the working mom is really any less than a woman sitting home, in an empty house doing NOTHING?

by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Replies (11-20):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:51 PM

boring

Quoting EndlessMom:

I don't think either is better. I am a sahm but volunteer at the schools and keep very busy with it. Five schools keeps me very busy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:51 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't think one is better than the other. I am a sahm who kids are in school but i have my reason. If i had my way i would be working but it isn't something i can do at the moment. My kids need me more than i need a job. I  put my own wants aside because of my kids.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:52 PM

because I make it my business.

Quoting poietes:

And you care so much about what some one else does in their home because?

thetrollcat
by Meow on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Im not working because it is BEST for my kids. I do have a life aside from KIDS.

Quoting Jacqalyn:

Neither is more better then the other. Each is doing what they feel is best for their child/ren. That's all that matters.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:52 PM
I'm better than everyone. I work from home and make great money while doing everything a sahm mom does.

And I love my job. So there.
SyllabaryBisque
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband is gonna be a SAHD after our daughter is born. All hail the mighty power of the vag!
thetrollcat
by Meow on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:53 PM

if they are in school how do they need you? Do you have to hold their hands at school all day?

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think one is better than the other. I am a sahm who kids are in school but i have my reason. If i had my way i would be working but it isn't something i can do at the moment. My kids need me more than i need a job. I  put my own wants aside because of my kids.

thetrollcat

boring

Quoting Momniscient:

I'm better than everyone. I work from home and make great money while doing everything a sahm mom does.

And I love my job. So there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:53 PM

My life has to revolve around my kids. at least right now anyways.

Quoting thetrollcat:

mine makes enough I can stay home, I dont stay home and act like a compulsive nut job thinking my entire life revolves around kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

"Sarcasm queen" many of us like to stay home after our last child entered kinder, because we like to be involved in school and volunteer, plus many of us don't have to work! We have dh's who make plenty of money oh and many of us have degrees that we'll probably never use! So what....

thetrollcat
1 mom liked this

nice :D

Quoting SyllabaryBisque:

My husband is gonna be a SAHD after our daughter is born. All hail the mighty power of the vag!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)