Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM is not better than Working Moms

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm not getting the argument where a woman that stays home after last child finally enters kindergarden is more productive than a women that returns to work or goes to college....

If the kids are in school and you are working Part-time or in school part-time how is it that the working mom is really any less than a woman sitting home, in an empty house doing NOTHING?

by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Many of us have housekeepers. Like to be involved in our children's schools, I don't sit at home all day! Lol! I volunteer at school, go to the gym, go shopping, get my nails done, hair done! I'm never ever miserable! I have nursing degree, but I don't need to work! My dh has a sizeable income! Life is good! Why do you care so much?

Quoting thetrollcat:

and for me I found being at home miserable and boring. I mean what kind of life is that you sit home clean day in and out? That is why we have things called careers. To find something you enjoy doing and get paid for it.

Quoting HIJKLM:

I am a SAHM and though I don't think working moms are "better" I know I have it way easier than when I worked.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:54 PM

whatever LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

My life has to revolve around my kids. at least right now anyways.

Quoting thetrollcat:

mine makes enough I can stay home, I dont stay home and act like a compulsive nut job thinking my entire life revolves around kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

"Sarcasm queen" many of us like to stay home after our last child entered kinder, because we like to be involved in school and volunteer, plus many of us don't have to work! We have dh's who make plenty of money oh and many of us have degrees that we'll probably never use! So what....

thetrollcat
by Meow on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:54 PM

rolling eyes, how so UNORIGINAL

Quoting Anonymous:

Many of us have housekeepers. Like to be involved in our children's schools, I don't sit at home all day! Lol! I volunteer at school, go to the gym, go shopping, get my nails done, hair done! I'm never ever miserable! I have nursing degree, but I don't need to work! My dh has a sizeable income! Life is good! Why do you care so much?

Quoting thetrollcat:

and for me I found being at home miserable and boring. I mean what kind of life is that you sit home clean day in and out? That is why we have things called careers. To find something you enjoy doing and get paid for it.

Quoting HIJKLM:

I am a SAHM and though I don't think working moms are "better" I know I have it way easier than when I worked.

Ms_mom_81
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:54 PM

LOL you are funny.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:55 PM

thank you meow :)

Quoting Ms_mom_81:

LOL you are funny.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:55 PM
You're just pissed I'm better than you.

Quoting thetrollcat:

boring

Quoting Momniscient:

I'm better than everyone. I work from home and make great money while doing everything a sahm mom does.

And I love my job. So there.

IfTheTiaraFits
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:56 PM
My kid is in college and I still don't work outside the home. :) But I also do more than just clean my house, lol. I've never understood the assumption that a sahm/housewife never leaves the house.

Not having to work allows me to be very generous with my time. I round out my days with volunteer work, helping multiple schools and charities.
meg0620
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Some people enjoy staying home. I'm a sahm and I absolutely love it but I love working too. I stayed home the first year of my sons life and now he'll be with daddy at night while I work. I will get a day job when he starts school but even if I wanted to stay home, there are PLENTY of things I could find to do instead of "sitting in an empty house doing nothing"

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting HIJKLM:

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:56 PM
I enjoy it because I'm free to volunteer and pursue my hobbies. I also technically WAH so I make money. But I don't think I'm better than someone who works outside the home. Honestly I respect women who work outside the home or go to school or both and raise their kids. I know from experience it's not easy.

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting HIJKLM:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:56 PM

I have 2 sn children. One don't need me as much as the other. My youngest. He has issues at school and i have to be available. working would make that impossible. I tried working and it didn't work out so until we can get him under control, i have to stay home and put my career on hold for the time being.

That goes without even mentioning all the doctor appointment I have with my kids. at least 2 to 3 week.

Quoting thetrollcat:

if they are in school how do they need you? Do you have to hold their hands at school all day?

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think one is better than the other. I am a sahm who kids are in school but i have my reason. If i had my way i would be working but it isn't something i can do at the moment. My kids need me more than i need a job. I  put my own wants aside because of my kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)