Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM is not better than Working Moms

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm not getting the argument where a woman that stays home after last child finally enters kindergarden is more productive than a women that returns to work or goes to college....

If the kids are in school and you are working Part-time or in school part-time how is it that the working mom is really any less than a woman sitting home, in an empty house doing NOTHING?

by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Replies (251-256):
luvmykidsJC
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:20 PM

I still have another one at home so I don't know what I will do when all the kids are in school but I assume if I don't work, that would be when I get my errands done and clean the house so that I can spend time with the kids when are home

alexsmomma06
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:20 PM

I agree. But for my family, it is better that I be at home rather than working.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:23 PM
I enjoy being home with my kids and cleaning. I do plan Togo to school once youngest gets to school. I want to be a lactation consultant. While in school I plan to volunteer at the hospital to help new nursing moms.

Quoting thetrollcat:

and for me I found being at home miserable and boring. I mean what kind of life is that you sit home clean day in and out? That is why we have things called careers. To find something you enjoy doing and get paid for it.

Quoting HIJKLM:

I am a SAHM and though I don't think working moms are "better" I know I have it way easier than when I worked.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Im a SAHM of 4 children. And I think working mothers are loving, considerate and selfless human beings, who are excellent mothers.

LectioDivina
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:25 PM

I'm way more productive...

God, I'd never have time for a real job.

With the pta, putting together the fall festivals,the annual galas, my commitments with the rotary club, the league of women voters, the non profit my husband started...I'd just never be able to fit a real job in.

Bleacher-mom
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:37 PM

MMM, I don't have a job or go to school. However, I homeschool my kids that takes on average 5 hrs a day, since they are home we have more dishes and more messes to clean up from school books, art, science and history projects. Right now they have co-op classes and DS has football 3-4 days a week. Oh, and I write books in what spare time I have. So..... where do I fit in? I love what I do, and it is nice that I can take a nap if I'm not feeling well, and I can take a break when ever needed, but to be honest, I am much busier and have much more on my plate homeschooling than I did years ago when I was working.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)