Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Overacting DH

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

Ever since my friend got married her DH has become even more controlling over her. She doesn't see her family. We don't see each other often. She's pretty much on house arrest (pick up/ drop off kids and 1 night a week of school). Anyways, she just text me that her brother bought a toy for her son and wanted to give it to him. He works a lot so this was the only opportunity. Her DH was in the shower and kids in bed. She GOES OUTSIDE to talk to her brother and he happen to have a friend w/ him that she has know for years.

Her Dh goes outside and make a hand signal to her to come inside. She goes inside and he starts talking shit to her about she and her brother are being so disrespectful. She had to go back to tell her brother she had to come in! She said she was out there longer than she expected but she was getting caught up with her brother and told him she just enrolled school and how her class went. He was interested, unlike her DH, so she continued to talk.

I really don't like  him!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 19, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Princess_s21
by Sarah on Sep. 19, 2013 at 12:04 AM

hmmmmm yeah doesn't sound good at all, alienating her from her loved ones is a sure warning sign, red flag.

Seagodess
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 12:06 AM
She needs to run!!!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 19, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Help her pack.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 19, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Run and run fast is what she needs to do.
MomOf3AngelBabe
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Hmmm.....hes getting her away from friends and family. Too controlling. My exdh was like this. NOT good.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 19, 2013 at 12:11 AM

She has low self esteam. She was a hard ass in her first marriage and thought her marriage failed because of it. But now she's going down the submissive path and wants to be "the good wife"

csxt99
by Jennifer on Sep. 19, 2013 at 12:11 AM

She needs to run NOW!

P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Go help pack her shit. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 19, 2013 at 12:14 AM

well, unfortunately if she doesn't see the problem or want to fix it, theres nothing you can do. I understand the feeling of wanting to just grab someone and shake them until they wake up. 

Have talked to her and told her these are major red flags?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 19, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Oh, I've talked to her like you won't believe. She almost left him a few months ago. She was gone for 4 days but went back to help him with his DD so he can go to an important meeting. wtf. I told her she just proved to him that she wasn't serious and those 4 days away was just a waist. Sometimes, like right now, I just want to say "I give up, don't tell me anymore." He's horrible to her boys and so arrogant. The few times I spoke to him, he talks down to you. He does that with everybody.

Quoting Anonymous:

well, unfortunately if she doesn't see the problem or want to fix it, theres nothing you can do. I understand the feeling of wanting to just grab someone and shake them until they wake up. 

Have talked to her and told her these are major red flags?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)