Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I wonder when dh is goinh to figure out

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:45 AM
  • 86 Replies
That with only 2-3 hours of sleep a night, 4 kids (ages 7, 2 [twins], & 6 weeks) and him not helping around the house that I simply DO NOT have the energy for sex. He's disappointed because I was so tired last night (and almost every night). There have been times recently that I have forced myself to have sex with him, figuring I'd get in the mood myself. It doesn't happen. I find myself thinking things like, "is he almost done so he'll leave me alone?"
Just a rant as I'm sitting here feeding the baby and he's still sound asleep and has been since 10:30 last night. I have to get my 7 year old up for school in an hour so there's no point in going back to sleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Why is he not helping? Does he know you are so tired?
EvaTheDiva2
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:47 AM
6 moms liked this
Nice cold bucket of ice water should wake him up. Then say oh good! Youre awake! You can get your kid ready for school!
bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:49 AM
Maybe you are going to have to be more direct and ask him to help get the kids to bed and the evening stuff done so you can get more in the mood or at least get some sleep so that by the weekend it might happen.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:51 AM
Have him stay home with kids while u go tithe spa for the day he will figure out why ur so tired fast
scoleman828
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:51 AM
I've tried talking to him. It lasts a couple days and it's back to the same thing. He'll do things if I ask, usually in the evenings when he gets home, but I get tired of feeling like I have another child so I've stopped wasting my breath. Tbh, once I get the kids in daycare and find a good job, I'm planning on leaving.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why is he not helping? Does he know you are so tired?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof3grls4517
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:51 AM
I would let him know that unless something changed. He will be neglected in his one on one time.
RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:51 AM
You need to ask him for help. He can't read your mind. And yes he should realize you need the help but it is obvious he so doesn't get it. Get him on board and tell him what YOU need.
TheSilence
by Tá mé an mó on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:52 AM
Dick punch him, that will wake him up nicely. Then tell him that as long as he refuses to help with the children or around the house you will not be able to have sex with him.
I bet after a few days he will start to realize you are serious.
scoleman828
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:53 AM
My oldest is not technically "his". But, I'm not planning on staying in this relationship.forever, it's just a matter of time for me to make arrangements to get out on my own. I'm tired of feeling like I have a 5th child.

Quoting EvaTheDiva2:

Nice cold bucket of ice water should wake him up. Then say oh good! Youre awake! You can get your kid ready for school!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scoleman828
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:54 AM
Meh, it's been more than a few days. All he does is pout. I'm tired of feeling like he's another child. It's only a matter of time before I leave.

Quoting TheSilence:

Dick punch him, that will wake him up nicely. Then tell him that as long as he refuses to help with the children or around the house you will not be able to have sex with him.

I bet after a few days he will start to realize you are serious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN